Arrived today! 2 new ZL's!

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
1 new model and 1 classic...

I ordered an in stock H501w and a back ordered SC80c on 1/23/12 and they both arrived today! That's outstanding in my opinion.

ada30ce1-db08-7266.jpg

The 80 is a pretty solid chunk of Al, but thus far I really like the recessed switch and the really low moonlight mode.

I'm also excited to finally have gotten an H501w... It should be just the ticket for up close work like doing electrical and working in computer and server cases.

ada30ce1-dce1-5a3c.jpg

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
I thought this would be a fun pic.

The old guard and new...

ada30ce1-e367-4be6.jpg

L to R:
ZL sc80c, ZL h501w, Surefire E2D (rides in my Maxped Fatboy), Surefire E1 (my original EDC flashlight).

Edit: Forgot the Maratac AAA in the foreground, center.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting for H502 here.

Gotta to love those ZL lights, not pretty to look at but amazingly useful and innovative.

Enjoy your new lights!

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
Very nice. You must be one of the first to get a SC80c. Did you order straight from the site? I'm on the fence of a H51c myself.

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
I did order straight from the site. As far as the H51c I say do it! I have H51Fc and I really dig it. I used it all last hunting season to walk in and out of my stand location. It's great for that purpose, but it's sure not a thrower. I carried a second hand held light for that. The "F" model is perfect for me for my purposes, but definitely go with the H51c if you want more throw. Tint-wise, it's good, but I wouldn't call it perfect, at least for me in the outdoor scenario. I still think I would prefer something slightly warmer. The tint of the "c" models is pretty neutral.

iron potato

Enlightened
Gotta love H51Fc, I just strap on my forehead when I got home, very useful floody beam & the tint is great :thumbsup:

Now am still waiting for another shipment which consists of SC51w, SC60w & SC600, while patiently waiting for H602w :devil:

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
The tint is pretty nice. I'm no expert, but I find that it's not terribly warm... It's a bit "warmer" than both my Quark AA2 and Preon 2 Neutral white models (most recent run, not the older ones), but not as warm as the Quark High CRI models, probably somewhere in between, but closer to neutral. I find it quite satisfactory. It's very similar in tint to the H51Fc that I have.

I've never taken a beam shot, but maybe I'll try to get a few shots tomorrow and post 'em up.

I'd also like to mention that I freaking LOVE this H501w. Now I understand why everyone raves about it. My only gripe is that it doesn't memorize the sub-level. I'd love for this thing to be able to come on in moonlight mode. ZL are you listening? The tint is nice and the wall of light outta this little guy is perfect indoors and up close for digging in your pack or bag.

If Zebra were to make one of these lights in the exact same size, but in a flashlight configuration, include a reversible clip and lanyard ring, and allow it to memorize the sublevel, it would be my ultimate EDC! The 501 is barely bigger than my AAA Maratac...

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint is pretty nice. I'm no expert, but I find that it's not terribly warm... It's a bit "warmer" than both my Quark AA2 and Preon 2 Neutral white models (most recent run, not the older ones), but not as warm as the Quark High CRI models, probably somewhere in between, but closer to neutral. I find it quite satisfactory. It's very similar in tint to the H51Fc that I have.

I've never taken a beam shot, but maybe I'll try to get a few shots tomorrow and post 'em up.

I'd also like to mention that I freaking LOVE this H501w. Now I understand why everyone raves about it. My only gripe is that it doesn't memorize the sub-level. I'd love for this thing to be able to come on in moonlight mode. ZL are you listening? The tint is nice and the wall of light outta this little guy is perfect indoors and up close for digging in your pack or bag.

If Zebra were to make one of these lights in the exact same size, but in a flashlight configuration, include a reversible clip and lanyard ring, and allow it to memorize the sublevel, it would be my ultimate EDC! The 501 is barely bigger than my AAA Maratac...

Thanks for the info. As much as I like the SC80c, I'm leaning toward a 51c because of it's smaller size and slimmer profile, and it's also more budget friendly.

I too have a few nit-picks about the UI. For me, I'd rather the short click turn the light on in low rather than high, and have the click and hold for turning on in high instead. I'm tempted by the H501w, but I'm waiting for the H502w instead.

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
I'm with you on the UI Bowzer.

However, I say get a 501w while they're still available. These things are frickin' amazing.

Honestly, how much light do you really need when it's pitch dark? And the tint is a sure thing, unlike the XML's.....