Fenix TK15 Electronics/Switch Problems - HELP

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
Note - I have searched the forum for solutions without luck...

So my Fenix Tk15 seems to have gone on the fritz. It's only about 6 months old and hasn't seen a ton of use, hasn't been dropped or dunked in water. It's always worked beautfully until recently, when it doesn't want to turn on now. It started out sporadically, say 1/10 times it would not turn on. Then the frequency increased quickly until now it basically won't turn on at all. Maybe 1/40 clicks it will turn on with some "encouragement."

I've tried changing the batteries, cleaning the contacts (with a dry q-tip), tightening the battery cap, tightening the cigar ring AND battery cap, I've taken apart the tail cap/switch assembly and put back together....and nothing seems to help.

The times I have been able to actually get it to turn on, if I cycle through the brightness modes with the side switch, sometimes it seems to freak out, or turn off, or flicker. Based on the odd behavior of the mode switch, I'm led to believe that the electronics may be the culprit. :mecry:

Anyone have any similar experiences or other solutions they can offer? I really don't want to deal with warranty returns if I can avoid it.

All thoughts appreciated.

:anyone:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the tailcap off and make contact with a spoon or wire. Does it work normally now? If so, the tailcap is it. Buy a new one or get it RMA'd.