Surprisingly easy Tigerlight carry (8" model)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
After carrying my 8" Tigerlight in the M6 Blackhawk holster I got fed up with the unsightly bump it made in my jacket so I just put it in my left front pants pocket.

Surprise; it felt fine, it wasn't too heavy, it easily fit all the way in, no one noticed it.

Sure, I'm aware I have it but I wasn't expecting such a relatively easy carry. It may not be as practical for Summer shorts carry but for now it's more than OK.

I don't think this would work with the 11" model.

You knew this? this is a "DUH" post? Well it was a bit of a happy discovery for me.

Brightnorm

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the diameter on the 8"?
How does it compare to a D or C cell Mag?

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm -- Are you kidding?? And your wife didn't give you the "Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
wink.gif

The FBOP is a few pounds and is about the size of a 2D-M@g although an inch or so shorter. Even though I'm 6'4" I still can't just stick the thing in my pocket. A Surefire 8nx I can stick in my pocket, but no way the Tigerlight FBOP. Wow.

I'd like to find a belt clip with just a metal ring that I could slip the handle through and hang it by the bezel. That'd do it for me anyway. I agree that a holster is just too much bulk.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by GJW:
What's the diameter on the 8"?
How does it compare to a D or C cell Mag?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Greg,

The body D is about 1 5/8" and the bezel D is about 3 3/8"

BN

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by binky:
Brightnorm -- Are you kidding?? And your wife didn't give you the "Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
wink.gif

The FBOP is a few pounds and is about the size of a 2D-M@g although an inch or so shorter. Even though I'm 6'4" I still can't just stick the thing in my pocket. A Surefire 8nx I can stick in my pocket, but no way the Tigerlight FBOP. Wow.

I'd like to find a belt clip with just a metal ring that I could slip the handle through and hang it by the bezel. That'd do it for me anyway. I agree that a holster is just too much bulk.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Peter,

I'm shorter than you and currently wearing ordinary, cheap Land's End Year 'rounder light wool pants. The Tlight easily fits all the way in and is not visible (except in a Mae West sort of way).

However, it won't fit into trimmer, chino-type pants.

Why not get a Mag D ring holster or ask any CPF LEO for advice.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by binky:
Thanks Brightnorm -- If it fits right then that's it!

razorlimit1_1720_62422555
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Peter,

I hope I didn't give you bad advice. I just remembered that the TLight is a little thicker than the D Mag.

Don't buy the ring until you check.

Brightnorm