RRT-0 Problem

Armadew

Newly Enlightened
When the RRT-0 first came out I just had to have it! I bought one and it quickly became my EDC light. I liked it so much and showed it off to everybody (even the ones who didn't care).

A friend of mine fell in love with it as well and decided he needed one for himself and another for his uncle. I purchased two for him from Bug Out Gear, but they were on backorder while they transitioned to the RRT-0 R5. As such, we missed the uncle's birthday and Christmas, and my friend started to grumble a bit (there is nobody to blame, of course. Just bad timing).

When the lights finally came, one of them was defective. It would randomly go to strobe mode and remain there, even if we removed/replaced the battery. My friend's grumbling became louder and longer at this point and he didn't want to go to the hassle of getting it replaced/fixed by shipping it all the way back to the states, especially because he was about to fly back to Portugal to visit his uncle.

To save him some frustration, I took the defective light to send back at my leisure, and gifted him my beloved EDC. That was that. All was well…

…except for the fact that this was a long time ago (over a year, I think), and it would appear "at my leisure" takes a very long time indeed. I've been very busy this last year and a half (hence this being my first post in ages) and just never got around to sending it in!

Now… does this mean I'm SOL, or do I still have the opportunity to have it replaced/repaired?

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for your replies.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
It will probably cost you for the repair. But I think the price is reasonable. Call Flavio @ BOG (where you purchased it) and see what he can do. I have a M1XM from him that has a bad switch. Upon trying to remove the silver bezel on the tail cap to let him know what color of switch I had per his request, I scratched my tail cap up. Hoping he is going to help me out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your problem is minor, the hall effect sensor or the magnet in the ring is defective
The light thought the magnet is always on the strobe mode sensor
Try to wave a foreign magnet around the magnetic ring while the light is one, sometime it may turn it back to normal(my V20C had similar problem)
Jetbeam's HQ is in China, i dont know whether they are available oversea or not