Lenslight 2X123 owners, any feedback?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'm in the market for another light and I
Looking at the Lenslight brand. It's different.

I don't have one currently but I did have one of the first mini's.
Things are updated now. I see clips that are new, a 2X123 model, higher outputs, McClicky switches, and 2 instead of 3 levels.

I was looking for quality feedback on the newer models. Especially the 2 cell version but I may decide to get the mini, not made up my mind.
What are your thoughts on the mini's derlin clip, and how it attaches. Does it detach?
Is the 2 cell model's extra length and price warranted? It's longer running and brighter on high but the low is the same as the mini's with only 10 more hours runtime, hmmmm....
Rcr's are ok on the 2 cell but not mentioned on the one cell, what drivers are in there? Anyone know?
The 2 cell model has a metal clip and it looks kind of unrefined from the 2 pics I've seen, how is it in use.
I had hoped to see tailstanding included after the revision but I guess it's still absent. Booo
Anyone have a clue about the lights tint? I suppose the lens would alter tint anyway??

Just curious about things and eager to get a light back into the collection that can go from flood to throw super fast with no extra parts to fool with.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
Hey Sgt.LED
I have a mini so can't comment on the 2 cell models. I like the clip, but it is bulkier than a metal clip would be. Not a deal breaker though, at least it wasn't for me. Yes, the clip can be taken off. Uses a couple small allen head screws. It won't reverse though. Fit and finish on my sample are top notch. Nice white tint. Definitely won't tailstand either. Not sure what driver they're using. Mine has 2 fairly well spaced modes, although a lower low would have been better IMHO. It throws very well for as small as it is when zoomed. Very smooth zooming action, and what appears to be a very well made aspheric. Glass I'm sure. Overall, I'm pleased with it. Like I said, the machining and finish appear to be top quality. Good luck. Let us know what you get, and what you think. I always wanted that mini Ti, but decided to try the aluminum version first. Still might spring for a Ti model jus for the sake of having one! LOL

Norm

Retired Administrator
Rcr's are ok on the 2 cell but not mentioned on the one cell, what drivers are in there? Anyone know?

From the info page on the LensLight site.

8) 2X CR123 Batteries – powered using two CR123 or RCR123 batteries.

Last time I checked it didn't come as pictured, the crenelated bezel is an option not too sure about the metal clip. Makes it hard if you think your buying the light as pictured.

*Comes with color matched smooth lens bezel. LensLight™ 2x123:

Norm

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually bought the Lenslight Brand because of the focussable optics. I wanted a 'thrower'. While I find the optics beautifully engineered and able to focus on a nice spot beam (which was square) I find that the single 123 version not as bright as I would like it to be. It throws ok but I find that I can obtain a better throw from a asperic lens Solar Sun 123 sized torch that costs only $15.00 shipped. Maybe I am comparing apples with oranges.

Don't get me wrong - I love Lens light - the design and finnish is top notch - I actually like them so much I have the Mini Ti and Striderized Version. Mine works fine on a RCR123 rechargable. I don't anything know about the 2x123 as I have not used one. Clip is functional but a bit bulky on the Striderized. The Ti version did not come with the clip - it is optional. Both the torches are smooth bezel.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well the updated mini sounds like a safe bet.
However if nobody has the 2X123 model I may be forced to get one for the sake of the forum ;)

Still one cell giving 50 hours of 5 lumens VS the 2 cell giving 60 hours of 5 lumens..... :sick2:
The high on the 2 cell is 100 lumens higher and lasts almost an hour longer :thinking:
Need more testimony haha

flashologist

Newly Enlightened
I bought the 2-cell recently and am really impressed with it. As someone else said, fit and finish is top notch. Very cool that it's all machined and assembled in-house. Attention to detail in the final assembly can be seen when taken apart.

The lens doesn't appear to alter the tint of the beam, which is neutral/cool, same as the driver.

The clip is beefy, but slides into place smoothly, no snagging so far.

This is my first light with a focusing lens. I love the flood as it has no real obvious hot spot thanks to the lens... just one big wall of light.

I opted for the crenelated bezel which comes with a lens installed. Nice feature as I still have the smooth bezel with it's lens as backup now.

Some quick phone pics taken the day it arrived...

2x123e.jpg

2x123a.jpg

2x123c.jpg

2x123b.jpg

2x123d.jpg

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
I also have the two cell, just received it, it is just as flasholoqist has described. I have the two level 400/5 lumen model, 2.2/60 hrs. I'm not crazy about the two light levels they seem a little to touchy. I would like to use it as a tactical light but cannot. It is a shame as it is built very tough and can probably take a beating. I would also prefer a different tail cap as this one can be depressed too easily (not protected) it is similar to the Lenser LED tailcap.

As a general use light it is nice but I would still like a different tailcap.

update: The color is very is very warm and pleasing to my eye. The beam adjusts smoothly and seems to be a good compromise between throw and flood. I still which it had a better tailcap and UI.

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received this light a few days ago.
This is a new version on the XP-G2 diode. The color of light is very pleasing to the eye.
I do not know what this code is for the ANSI classification,
as manufacturer does not specify, but if I believe my eyes,
it's somewhere in this area

It shines quite far, with a square ray a little further than EB2 500 lumens.
In a wide mode, if you shine on a white wall, then noticeably a slight yellowing of the color to the edges
(or blueing in the center, relatively), compared to other my lens lanterns, this difference is minimal!
When used in the forest and during walks at night it is not noticeable.

Surface treatment is impeccable, as well as the quality of the thread and the smoothness of the adjustment stroke.
In terms of its physical dimensions, it is closest to SF L4 with KL4 head.

I made a mistake, I unscrewed the lens to look at the diode and there got a little dust - part on of the lens,
part on of the diode. I tried to wipe it via cotton wool, but it did worse and worse.
Then I took a lint-free cloth for optics, moistened with alcohol and very carefully, using a magnifying glass wiped.

Never use alcohol in these flashlights!! - around the diode are the contacts covered with a black compound,
this composition is dissolved in alcohol and a dark gruel is obtained which fouls the diode.

Within 4 hours I still cleaned the lens and diode from pieces of dust, black gruel and hairs from cotton wool.
But still not up to the end... It is better to not open the lens unnecessarily.

I ordered with a crowned rim and a button, so that I could put it like a candle
(in low mode it is very convenient at night, when I want to eat so as not to wake others up with a bright light).

Now I will show a couple of photos, I apologize for the poor quality.
I hope this will be useful for someone.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to add something else. This flashlight returns me at a time when I was small,the TV had only 3 channels and the favorite device and the joy was a projector with filmstrips.

Here you can see these filmstrips, or rather, their digitized copies. Basically, these are children's tales and stories
http://diafilmy.su/
but there are cognitive films, example
http://diafilmy.su/2531-toki-vysokoy-chastoty.html

the projector was such, until one day I disassembled it to burn a ray of sun on a tree, then when I moved it was lost
http://diafilmy.su/82-dm-4m-dm-4t.html

Now I am gradually saving money, I will order a titanium version of KO. Titanium is really very durable. Aluminum is beautiful, but in my opinion, it is still gentle. IMHO could make a really tactical light from it, but for this need to increase the thickness of all the walls to 3 mm, add a spring to the head contact and raise the edges of the bezel over the glass by 5-6 mm, for as not to damage the glass by impact, and make a thicker rubber on the button (but in this niche already sit is a Surefire, Malkoff, Elzetta and a bunch of others).

Last edited: