• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Extremely high powered aspherical lenses.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I have a few sets of lenses up for grabs. These lenses come complete with an inner and outer housing.

The dual housing provides full focus ability.

Here is how it looks separated.

Each housing makes use of a set of 4 lenses. This provides an extremely tight beam at a very short focal length.

I have done much experimenting with these and the best possible combo I have found ( including use with other secondary optics not from the set) is to use the 3 largest from the group and to discard the 4th lens at the bottom.

A few examples of what you can expect from these.

An XRE R2 ( a real R2 not a DX fake) driven to 2.2 amps soldered to a good copper slug fired through the 3 lens set produced 250,000 lux. I dont mean a quick 250k @ ten seconds. I mean and easy 250K after goofing off with it for 20 minutes.

I also used an XML U2 with the dome removed and got significantly higher numbers than that when driving it @ 4.2A

Price is $39 Each Shipped! SOLD

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

hockne

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Extremely high powered aspherical lenses.

I'll take it

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there is a set left, I would like one.

51coronet

Newly Enlightened

if any left ill buy 1. update the thread with a quantity please :)

Question does that assembly fit on a specific type of host or is it a complete custom job to make it fit to something?

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

you need all 3 of them stacked up to get those number correct?

How big are they?

3 of them fit inside a Normal D size mag bezel?

Jose

addictedmatt

Enlightened

This looks identical to the one used in the light I bought from him. No way it will fit in a d mag head, but the throw is ridiculous, and it is awesome that you can focus it to get a larger beam that still out throws most of my lights.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, not sure if this was unclear by the thread. This sale is for TWO SETS of lenses. Each SET comes with FOUR lenses in the housing. In order to reach the astronomical lux readings 3 of the 4 lenses need to be used in the group.

So far I have payment for ONE SET of lenses from a buyer in Indonesia who I am assuming is H-nu. If H-nu understands and agrees to this the second SET will go to Hockne. From there we will go down the line if others default.

Thanks.

BigC these lenses are to large for a Mag. The biggest one is like 4 inches in diameter.

These are the lenses that I used to make the light addicetdmatt is speaking of.

Last edited:

H-nu

Enlightened

Hey Bud,

I haven't sent payment yet, I need to know total with shipping to Canada. I would have taken both sets but I'll take what's left. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Chris

hockne

Newly Enlightened

Guess I was two minutes late.
I take back up for one if H-nu takes one

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok I think we are getting this narrowed down.

H-nu I replied to your PM. Depending on his reply there may be a set left which would be hocknes'.

I am now guessing that the payment I received from Indonesia was from fabienne. If that is the case while I greatly appreciate your very prompt payment there are a couple others in line first. If the lenses are all taken when the dust settles I will refund you.

fabienne

Enlightened

Okay.... I will wait till the dust settles down...

H-nu

Enlightened

There's no need to be greedy so I'll share the love with hockne. I'll send payment for one (1) set and he can take the second one. Let me know total with shipping to Canada and I'll fire it out today.

Cheers!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice lenses! Looks like they are from rear projection TVs, in principle they are very similar to the lens sets from theater spot lights I played with awhile ago. In reality, only the largest single lens is needed to get the highest lux if the focal length is not too long. The other lens are there to reduce focal length & improve image quality.

The 1st large & thick lens, should be AR coated, should be very similar to what I used in LED Torpedo to get 330,000 lux@ 1meter from a SST-50:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-300K-lux-LED-Torpedo-amp-fun-with-Maxa-Beam

If one is ambitious enough to combine such a lens with a short arc light source, one can build something that totally demolishs a MaxaBeam. For example, the Mega blaster, still one of my fav. build so far:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Blaster-My-first-short-arc-mod-MegaRay-style

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok so here is where we are at.

H-nu has the first set and in sending payment.

hockne that means the second set is yours if you want it.

Glen7, Ma_sha1 is correct these are from a projector TV. I dont remember the brand name of the TV though.

Ma_sha1, glad you could drop in on us. These lenses work slightly different from the set you had. The primary lens in this set is actually the second from the top, it can be used on its own but the focal length is too long and the beam is not as good that way :)

hockne

Newly Enlightened

Payment sent for one

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok I have payment from H-nu and hockne now. fabienne I have refunded the full amount of your payment. Sorry man just not enough to go round this time.