How Many Lumens is this new 40W LED Camera Flash

CKOD

Enlightened
A)Thats a driver chip. No LED, no supporting passives, no PCB, no microcontroller to talk to the I2C interface, just the chip for the driver.

B)The 40W is just for the flash, not for the "torch" mode, so just for a fraction of a second while the camera is capturing. The driver is limited at 1.2A according to the data brief, not even close to "nuke mode" for any of the common power LEDs used around here.

C) $2, if you buy 1000. Need 1000 driver chips? Probably $5-6 each on digikey once they are released if digikey stocks them.

Viper715

Enlightened
To answer the title of your question watts is voltage multiplied by volts. My big bruiser is a 4.2 volt flashlight at peak pushes 8-9 amps so peak wattage is 37.8 Watts and peak lumens is around 3000 lumens.

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Completely missed the fact that it's only a controller, no actual LEDs (I saw the picture and thought those little dots were small LEDs). I guess that makes sense as to why it is so cheap. I wonder what LED cell phone makers will end up pairing it with. If the driver is limited to 1.2A then that means it would be pushing 33 volts to make 40W.

Latest posts