Nuclear LED'ish tech..

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Revolutionizing the battery industry" inventions happen about yearly. I think they cycle in and out. First it was micro-turbines, then micro-engines, then micro-turbines again, then fuel cells, then back to micro-engines, and now mini-thermal batteries.

Given the present requirements for using combustion engines inside, I can't help but wonder who expects good results from an oxidizing power source? Also, any thermal-differential power generation thrives at higher temperature differences. "If we can't make the room colder," the engineers say, "we'll make our hot plate hotter!" But there are certain problems with having a 1200C wafer in a phone - one is insulation. I'm sure there are others per safety and such.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Revolutionizing the battery industry" inventions happen about yearly. I think they cycle in and out. First it was micro-turbines, then micro-engines, then micro-turbines again, then fuel cells, then back to micro-engines, and now mini-thermal batteries.

Given the present requirements for using combustion engines inside, I can't help but wonder who expects good results from an oxidizing power source? Also, any thermal-differential power generation thrives at higher temperature differences. "If we can't make the room colder," the engineers say, "we'll make our hot plate hotter!" But there are certain problems with having a 1200C wafer in a phone - one is insulation. I'm sure there are others per safety and such.

+

What really got my attention was the potential to do some super exotic things with LED wafers.
All sorts of materials and gases,

I think we've just touched the tip of the iceberg with LEDs' and photon emission.