Zebralight 2AA light?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone know if Zebralight is planning on making a 2aa light? I love AA format but I think the Q50 using 4aa is not for me. I really like the prototype they had before they removed it. I forgot the model. It was 2aa side by side. I thought that was perfect. If only they reconsider making it again and make it able to use 1AA and 2AA. That would be a dream come true for me.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2xAA side by side would be really cool. Even cooler, is if the head had two led's/reflectores in it. One spot and one flood with a selector switch, or maybe even change up the colors too.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2xAA side by side would be really cool. Even cooler, is if the head had two led's/reflectores in it. One spot and one flood with a selector switch, or maybe even change up the colors too.

That sounds like it could be a sweet light! I like the idea of the dual emitters and reflectors; one as a narrow/deep smooth reflector for throw, maybe with an XPE or XRE in it, and one with an OP reflector with an XPG or XML in it. Add a threaded bezel and a selection of color filters, and you'd have a pretty much perfect pocket EDC that could do most anything!

Scubie67

Enlightened
Thing is that they cant produce some of the lights that were supposed to be out well before now(Q50 in particular) due to not being able to keep up with SC600 sales.The main problem is most of their competitors are sucking too much on the innovation end of things compared to zebralight

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's true. They are very innovative.

After thinking about it, it would be easier and nicer to just use one standard reflector and a mule beside it like the 501's.

mitro

Newly Enlightened
Actually I think the idea of two LEDs AND reflectors is pretty darn cool, even if they are identical. 2 LEDs at half the current of one is going to be brighter. It could also be driven a little harder than the sc51 thanks to having a bit more mass. Aww hell with it, just make a mini triple with optics that runs on 2AA. :)

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Even cooler, is if the head had two led's/reflectores in it. One spot and one flood with a selector switch, or maybe even change up the colors too.
I would buy it without hesitation! I would like to have a cool or NW led for throw and a warm for flood.:drool:

zip

Newly Enlightened
Aww hell with it, just make a mini triple with optics that runs on 2AA. :)

How about a triple with Flood, Spot, and UV.:whistle:

Also keep the the AA's/CR123a's as designated power supplies for each emitter.

Then if you don't use the UV that much you could switch the battery to one of the other emitters.

The UI may be a little complicated, but what the heck ZL could do it

Last edited:

Samy

Enlightened

I'm drooling at the thought of this side by side emitter idea.

I have an SC600 in the post as we speak... Love the Zebra's...

Cheers

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
3 is usually for direct drive is it not? No converter circuit needed and higher efficiency. But yeah 2 would be better in terms of size and layout I think.

I had also toyed with designing an AA side by side (either 2AA or 4AA in two rows) with two emitters. Or one emitter on one side and various filter/lenses stored on the other side that would slide or flip over. But anymore I am too busy to design things just for the heck of it, and my desktop that has my 3d software on it is kind of toast right now, along with 10 years of non-backed up data on my raid array (oh why oh why did I set it up as raid 0).