G2X Bezel Question

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
My wife and I currently carry the SureFire G2X (after losing a 6Z Combatlight a few years ago, then a Z2 Combatlight a year ago, we decided the G2X on sale at $55 was all we could afford).

I gather the body is polymer, but the bezel is aluminum.

Does anyone know if there's a strike bezel that will fit the G2X?

Failing that, any educated opinions as to whether there's enough material in the G2X bezel for a skilled hand with file/grinder to make into a strike bezel?

(Really, I'm a sweet peaceful guy:), I just have a badass wife. :devil:)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find the thread now but I remember that a Surefire compatible crenelated bezel will work only if you use a 2mm thick lens in place of the standard one.

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
HF,
Here is my G2X with a GG&G TID (Tactical Impact Device) Part # GGG-1389 $17. Not a big chore at all no filing/grinding or having to buy another lens, but also not too pocket friendly. Just dont tighten the screws too tight. I wrapped a paper strip around the bezel to reduce that indentation dimples on the aluminum. Not advertised for the G2X or 6PX but it works like a charm plus covers any dings or dents sustained to bezel. Definately for a bad *** wife. Here is GG&Gs link http://www.gggaz.com/g2-flashlight-mounting-ring.html

100_4344.jpg

100_4345.jpg

Last edited:

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
That link was to the $17 mounting ring, but I searched the Tactical Impact Device for Surefire. $46. Holy sheet! I paid $55 for the light on sale. Oh well, nothing good or cool is cheap, huh? Does sort of make me want to just grab a chainsaw file and put teeth on my light, though. :)

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ST05 xeno bezel with a glass lense seems the best option to me. Price is still a bit steep but then anything related to surefire (even if it's just an accessory and even if made by another company) often is! The benefit of this also is that you get not only a new bezel but also a non-plastic and therefore non-scratchable lense ;)

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Good point. I agree about the value of difficult-to-scratch glass lenses. My plastic lenses tend to get scuffed up just from pocket carry. And my lights get used hard.

Now to find the best place/price to buy that ST05 bezel.... (and the necessary glass lens) :confused:

skillet

Enlightened
There is a "popular" auction site that has the bezel rings and removal tool and I believe a 26.8mm lens from here would probably work.. At least, that is what I'm going to do... :naughty: