Thank you Leon2245... And Malkoff! M61LLL

scout24

Flashaholic
As the title says, thank you! With the idea from your "Who would buy one" thread, I called the good folks at Malkoff, and found that they would happily build one. (or two... someone else here has one in the mail tomorrow morning. :sssh:) Gene's figuring on 25 hours or so of regulated 40-50 lumen goodness, folowed by that wonderful slow taper down to nothing on 2x123 primaries. Thanks to Malkoff as well! Going to install in my MD2 tonight, to see how the low looks. Worked great in my VME head last night for dog walking, smooth beautiful beam, sufficient without being overwhelming. Runtime should be fantastic! :thumbsup:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene will be happy to build you one. Pricing was most reasonable! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you Scout24 for hooking us up, and thank you Gene for being so terrific and accommodating! Can't wait to receive mine!!:party::party::party:

And thank you Leon for the idea....call the good folks in 'Bama - they'll take care of you!

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Although I am unfortunately not in the market for a new light at the moment, I think the idea is excellent. With the current levels of brightness achieved by some of the nicer lights, longer runtime is far more valuable than more lumens in my opinion.

Harry999

Enlightened
This drop in would work wonderfully with the 2AA Twisty if I am not mistaken!
Seems like a great idea for an emergency light!

Edit: I just spotted the bit in the post mentioning 2xCR123A. Oh well - I wonder if Mr Malkoff could make a M31LLL?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
That's a really cool idea, that's plenty of light for most applications. Pop that in a 6P or C2 with a Z41 and that's about as no nonsense, use and abuse, leave it run forever without fear as you can get.

Can he build a module at basically any output you want or is there restrictions on set levels? I really like the output level on my G2Ls of 80 lm for general task lights, like working on the car for example. But I don't believe those are regulated and runtime is so-so. I have to think Gene could get a longer burn from a pair of primaries. Or else is there already a Malkoff around that output? I have to admit I'm not that familiar with his lineup.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm sure he could... FYI, this does run on 2xAA, I just tried it on Eneloops in my twisty... Probably 20 lumens. :)

NBP- M61LL is rated at 100lm for 8 hours on two primaries IIRC. Plenty of light left after that, slowly tapering off.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title says, thank you! With the idea from your "Who would buy one" thread, I called the good folks at Malkoff, and found that they would happily build one. (or two... someone else here has one in the mail tomorrow morning. :sssh:) Gene's figuring on 25 hours or so of regulated 40-50 lumen goodness, folowed by that wonderful slow taper down to nothing on 2x123 primaries. Thanks to Malkoff as well! Going to install in my MD2 tonight, to see how the low looks. Worked great in my VME head last night for dog walking, smooth beautiful beam, sufficient without being overwhelming. Runtime should be fantastic! :thumbsup:

!

That is EXACTLY what I was asking for. Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they'll still have one left for me tomorrow. Today. Wonder if they'll have even have three L's engraved?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I run a m61wll in a 6p with a solarforce 1cell extender on 2 AA's and it works great. I've had it running more then 12 hours without and noticeable drop in output.

scout24

Flashaholic
Gene seemed happy to make them, even one at a time. By request, if you will... :) Did you order one up?

nbp

Flashaholic
NBP- M61LL is rated at 100lm for 8 hours on two primaries IIRC. Plenty of light left after that, slowly tapering off.

Ah, nice, I will have to keep an eye on the MP for one of those. Thanks. :)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably dump mine if this LLL actually comes through, but it's an LL-N.

nbp

Flashaholic
That's a neutral, right? Yeah if you end up selling it, let me know.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Well I just bought Leon's LLL. Why did you sell it Leon? I am pretty excited to get it. I will have to sell my LL to fund her however. Now my C3/A19 with 2 3100 AWs might run this thing a month in my BOB.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I feel bad having asked for an LLL only to flip it right away, but at this point I've tried enough xpg's to know I just don't prefer their beam profile & tint compared to those of previous generations. But with the NLL & LLL gone I'm now left with nothing for my 6p- I might try to find an m60 or m30 for it at some point.

Otherwise the more flashlights improve, the further my LEd & UI preferences get left behind.

Latest posts