Anyone Mod a TK41? Ways to make it more versitle?

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
What i mean by the the title is has anyone changed the reflector or maybe replace the T6 with a U2? I have a TK41 i like it but want to make it more verisitle.i have an olight m21 diffuser for it. The diffuser gives it more flood but the center lux is really strong and doesn't diffuse it too well. It's a thrower i know but i was thinking it be nice of fenix had a kit to change the head or reflector to flood it out more. A kit with a head as narrow as the body and a light OP reflector.

Just a thought in my head. I like versitilty. I know it's a thrower and i love throw but when im exploring some old bunker i'd dig a bit more flood.

Also wondered about any mods anyone might have done to it.

What are your runtimes on eneloops?
What are your runtimes on energizer lithium L91s?

Sorry for any grammer or spelling errors im on my iphone and it lags on typing in posts on here.

Thanks for any input guys.

aimxplode

Enlightened
gTu2m.jpg

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Olight diffuser on my TK41. The problem with the Fenix AOD-L is that you will be blinded by the light coming back at you as that diffuser will give a cast of around 320 degrees (so straight back into your eyes. The Olight gives a cast of around 170 degrees meaning you can point it away from you.

Forward diffusers with a wide cast are only really good for room lighting like a candle or signalling.

kj2

Flashaholic
I use an Olight diffuser on my TK41. The problem with the Fenix AOD-L is that you will be blinded by the light coming back at you as that diffuser will give a cast of around 320 degrees (so straight back into your eyes. The Olight gives a cast of around 170 degrees meaning you can point it away from you.

Forward diffusers with a wide cast are only really good for room lighting like a candle or signalling.
And which Olight diffuser are you using? M3X diffurser?

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
My M31 diffuser comes today.
Does it diffuse the light well?

Simple Sam

Newly Enlightened
Batteryjunction also has the Fenix brand diffuser aimxplode refers to for $4.50.