We have a scorpion down, we have a scorpion down

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I test fire my scorpion and find the thing to be out of focus. I twist the head to focus it and there is no light.

I was check the batteries (fine) and then check out the bulb in my Scorpion (bought a few months (July) ago from FNG.) I was thinking about the bulb being blown out.

I take out the bulb holder, and the spring. I see no bulb in the posts. I look into the light and see the bulb fall into the reflector/plastic lens. OMG!!! I can't take apart the head. I have a bulb stuck in the head!!!!!!!!

I will call up Streamlight Monday morning and see whats up and what can be done.

I get the feeling I will have to replace it. E2e is just too expensive, I don't like the SF G2 nor the G2Z (design hasn't grown on me.) I have it down to the SL TL-2. I love my Scorpion but hated the rubber, plus the TL has a glass lens and a better body IMHO.

TL-3 - out of the question, going to mod a Mag 2C with 3 123's for my throw light.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the rant,
Jason

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try cushioning a screwdriver with part of a cotton ball or something and pop out the lens from the inside (they're press-fit in there).
Then replace the lens by putting the head, lens-side-up, on a firm surface and smacking the lens back into place using a socket from a socket set to distribute the force.
It sounds weird but these are the instructions that Streamlight supplies when they send out replacement lenses.

pahl

Enlightened
I was always able to just press the lens back in using my thumb. They seem to snap back in place preaty easily.

I just got a SL TL-2. So far I like the TL-2 better then the scorpion.

FNG

Enlightened
Hey Jason, try rattling the head a little bit so the bulb will fall out the opening. That worked when I had my PT Surge. Let me know if theres anything else I can help with.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rattling doesn't help, well probably if I rattle for the rest of my life. Uhm, sell me the E2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif haha j/k

paul, TL-2 looks very tempting........

GJW - Wow never knew that, I will try that when I get back on campus. Thanks! I will try and get a glass lens if possible (have a feeling it might break, but worth a shot.)

Thanks everyone form replying!
Jason

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks treek13, I don't want to spend another $12 plus $5 or $6 in s/h for a flashlight that was my first 123 light but I gripe about certain things on it (head is great, hate the body.)

I will try the cheap fix of popping out the lens and doing it that way.

I will most likely have the TL-2 replace it later.....

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
The same thing happened to me.

As long as you can get the bulb over the opening, a pair of thin tweezers should be able to get it out. That's what I did.

FNG

Enlightened
Streamlight has Lifetime Warranty so if you drop by one of the service centers, they should be able to do it in a jiffy.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
hawkhkg11 used the method that worked for me. Instead of a tweezers, I used a very small needle nose pliers. Just keep jiggling the head until the lamp "legs" drop into the opening. It may take a little patience but it's better than wrecking the lens. Let us know if you fixed it.

If you want to unload the Scorp maybe I'll buy it; I like the rubber grip. Maybe I've a rubber fetish too...oh Noooo!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scorpion will never leave me, it was the first 123 light I got, gotta keep it for sentimental value.

I tried to pop off the lens, I got 5 indentations on the lens now, darn oh well. I will call up SL this week and see what I can do with the head.

I doubt someone would buy this light, its not abused but used very well. I am the second owner. Better off getting a new one.

More later, have to organize my room.

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Re: We have a scorpion down, we have a scorpion do

[ QUOTE ]
GJW said:
Try cushioning a screwdriver with part of a cotton ball or something and pop out the lens from the inside
Then replace the lens by putting the head, lens-side-up, on a firm surface and smacking the lens back into place using a socket from a socket set to distribute the force.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used a chopstick: easier on the lens! Popped it back with both thumbs.

Latest posts