Neutral-white Quark 123² Tactical tint question

Stream

Enlightened
I'm very interested in this light for the form factor and the option of the neutral white LED. Having never owned a neutral or warm LED before I'm interested to know whether this light looks at all like an incan. I was previously interested in some of the latest neutral whites from Fenix, but was turned of after reading that they were cooler than previous versions and slightly on the green side.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy it and check it out. You will regret ever buying cool whites, or you will hate it. Im always bying the neutral if it's a option.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is that they do look like more like powerfully-driven incandescent lights. I really like my Q3-5A Quark that I've had for years.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
have a neutral Quark 123²X and dont like the tint.
Whatever it is, its simply too green.
Use it as a lend-around light, which it does perfectly.

the (sold out?) "warm" models look much better and real neutrals also.
But even the warm ones (i have a Quark AA warm) dont give You that crappy, dim feel of an incan of lights of that power class.

Stream

Enlightened
have a neutral Quark 123²X and dont like the tint.
Whatever it is, its simply too green.
Use it as a lend-around light, which it does perfectly.

the (sold out?) "warm" models look much better and real neutrals also.
But even the warm ones (i have a Quark AA warm) dont give You that crappy, dim feel of an incan of lights of that power class.

That's what I was afraid of. I definitely don't want a greenish tint. I want something that is a little on the warmer side, and more incan-like. Seems like both Fenix and Quark have moved away from that for some reason. I may have to take this to the "Recommend me me a light for..." section to get some general input on what's out there.

Stream

Enlightened

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
For me high CRI are too warm for me. I think the orange tint is almost as bad as green. I prefer neutral tints. I have a neutral quark X and love it. It knocks off some of the blue and to me renders colors better. I would try both just to see what you like. You can always sell the other.

Stream

Enlightened
For me high CRI are too warm for me. I think the orange tint is almost as bad as green. I prefer neutral tints. I have a neutral quark X and love it. It knocks off some of the blue and to me renders colors better. I would try both just to see what you like. You can always sell the other.

You make a fair point, however, I want a warmer tint more than a cool one. I feel I already have a few lights with perfect cool tints.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, any suggestions are welcome. I looked around a little bit for Xeno dealers, seems like EDC+ on CPFMarketPlace has some. Any idea who has the E03 neutral white?

I have also started a new thread in the "Recommend me me a light for..." section:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?332555-Warm-2x123-light&p=3869006#post3869006
I have a NW E03 (XM-L) and I love mine, I run it on 14500s by AW.

for what it's worth however, I wanna buy a CW E03 just to see how it looks on the same setup and try and level the playing field of tints across my lights.

but if you run an E03 with a 14500 battery, you won't regret it, it's the definition of a pocket rocket.

Stream

Enlightened
I have a NW E03 (XM-L) and I love mine, I run it on 14500s by AW.

for what it's worth however, I wanna buy a CW E03 just to see how it looks on the same setup and try and level the playing field of tints across my lights.

but if you run an E03 with a 14500 battery, you won't regret it, it's the definition of a pocket rocket.

The Xeno E03 looks like a winner. I have had it recommended to me by three people now, two in this thread and one in the other I started in the "Recommend me a light..." forum. It is available in warm, neutral and cool, and I already have a charger that will take 14500s. I'm going to order the warm version, just need to find a good dealer. Any of you ordered from tacticalhid.info before? Or maybe I should go with edcplus.com.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xeno E03 looks like a winner. I have had it recommended to me by three people now, two in this thread and one in the other I started in the "Recommend me a light..." forum. It is available in warm, neutral and cool, and I already have a charger that will take 14500s. I'm going to order the warm version, just need to find a good dealer. Any of you ordered from tacticalhid.info before? Or maybe I should go with edcplus.com.
tactical hid is the old domain, edcplus is the new one. they're 100% legit.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is what I am doing. I heard the neutral is better for outdoor use typically. This is where I will use my lights the most. I saw some shots of both and the neutral looked more natural. I am hoping this will be true.