SF E2 5w options

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Besides the L4, is their any 5w drop in mod available or someone modding the E2 with a directdrive low vf LS at 6v.

thanks
Eric

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You can use a McLux-PR without a driver, or you could go with an E-can and modify the E2 head.

- Don

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Love your mods Don!
I`m not that familar with the Mclux (just seen pictures) or Mc-anything else. I hate to say but, I just have not kept up with your custom lights that well.
Please, enlighten me, cause I`m in the dark and all my lights combined are no help!

Thanks
Eric

Kiessling

Flashaholic
click on the link in Don's sigline, but sit down before you do so and be prepared to change your underwear ...
bernhard

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Kiessling, Already have looked at his link.

Don, What is a Mclux-pr and an E-can? Didn`t see anything about that unless I overlooked it.

Eric

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
The McLux PR is a McLux head with a modified Pelican reflector. You can buy them at the sandwich shop once it's back up.

http://www.anlighten.com/shop

it'll fit the e2e body without any modifications.

The E-can is basically a converter holder that fits inside the body of the Ex series lights. You need to buy/make a heatsink that then fits into the E-can on one side and the modified bezel on the other.

Here's a 1W mod I did with Don's help. 5W is essentially the same.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=337713&Forum=UBB14&Words=e-mcmodule&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=337713&Search=true#Post337713

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The McLux PR can best be described as The Turbohead for the E series. The Pelican reflector does a kick *** job of focusing the light from either the 1W or 5W LED's. I have one (soon to be two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and it does a much better job than the reflector in the KL4. Couple it to a 1W and you get something with a very tight beam but still enough sidespill to make it useful for general purposes. If you don't have one, you gotta try it, you'll like it. It's a DIY but you may be able to sweet talk some of us around here into building you one.

CM

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
OK who do I send my E2(an payment for mod) too,to make me a 5w dirrectdrive side emiter with a E-can or possibley w/BB500 if it doesn`t get to hot for extended periods.
Which is better as far as runtime ?

I just want it to be as good or better than the bulb!

Eric

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Eric S said:

I just want it to be as good or better than the bulb!

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are speaking in terms of an intense and concentrated beam, it's not going to happen.

- Don