• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***WTS*** 250k lux XML Thrower - Now $100

kjelrod

Newly Enlightened
Well..... I'm selling my baby..... I want to keep modding lights and playing around with them except I would like to make it self-sufficient. This is the most impressive light I have put together. I have about 110$ into this light.... am asking 100$ + shipping. It does not come with batteries but I can sell the batteries I currently use for it if desired at cost (i can also recommend a pretty good budget charger that I use for these.)

LightRodXML200-1.jpg

It is a Direct Driven (on 3 Tenergy D-cells) XML with a custom made lens holder that is coated with a rubberized material. It pulls about 4.5 Amps off fresh batteries. I usually let the batteries settle back down for a couple of hours before I put them in and fire it up. I have run this light through 2 full charges without any issues what-so-ever. It runs at what appears (per naked eye) to be full brightest for at least 45 min before you can notice the charge in the batteries beginning to fall. That is about when I would charge them. I have run it for 5 and 10 minute intervals without any heat issues. It sinked to a aluminum heatsink and the heat moves to the body for the light.

I usually get readings for 10.5k - 10.0k lux at 5 meters (about 250k at 1M). I take off 10% because I do not use a precisely callibrated meter(HS-802 at 1.5amp = 31k at 1m) and I feel it would be better to undershoot it and be wrong then to overshoot it and be wrong. The light can be dissasembled with exception to the head/lens. It does screw off the body so you can put it behind say a XRE. I chose to keep it with an XML because I was so much more impressed with the sheer amount of light that this was putting out. It lights up things at 250yds - 350yds like you wouldnt think an XML could.

Here is the link of the light I posted to this forum.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?331574-NEW-XML-Thrower

I will be happy to answer any questions related to this sale. I will even fix this light at cost for 6 mos (I will hang on to this other lens just in case) should there be a user/operator related issue.

Wallshot of this light from 5m.
XMLWallshot2-1.jpg

Wallshot of same light without lens mod.
3Dcamowall-1.jpg

Trees at 150 yds - horrible picture quality(sorry)
XMLtreeshot.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts