what do you think of that light?

lazyboy747

Newly Enlightened
first,hi everybody here im a new member, but ive been here since a year before that. i was thinking buying a "little" light on dx (110757 ) i know that this light is surely far from 4000 lumen,but even if it as 2000,at that price im gonna be happy. i already got some maglite,and a ultrafire with a p7 emitter (wich i think was tested here and got a little bit more than 500 lumen,far from 900 but more then enough to impress everybody i know lol) just want to know what you expert think of that.and if somebody already test it or something close give me the link.

ps;sorry if my english is not perfect,im slowly learning it (im french canadian)

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, lazyboy747. I don't know anything about the light you referenced, but I will tell you that most discussion of DX lights goes on in the Budget Light Forum, so you may get more answers there.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Improper use of lithium cells can lead to explosions!!!
Read the following and follow the instructions consistently.
(multiple Li-ion are more dangerous than single, you need to keep them balanced.)
Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Using-Li-ion-cells-in-LED-flashlights-safely

Normally you need 1*18650 per emitter (P7, MCE, SST50, XML). The Fandyfire has 5 XMLs but only 3 cells. You are woefully underpowered battery-wise.
You are at the safety limit of true 2900 mAH cells. Many DX batteries are below that (the numbers quoted are unreliable).
Protected batteries would not work. The protection circuits will kick in and shut the battery down.
I would suggest getting IMR18650 batteries that can handle the high current.

You may also want to read through this:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...2-Flashlight-5-*-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-5-Mode-4500
It is similar.

Last edited:

Latest posts