ArmyTek Viking X opinions?

380long

Newly Enlightened
Are the ArmyTek lights a quality light? I was thinking of getting the Viking model...don't need it but it looks awsome. Are the 750 lumens out the front lumens and what seems to be everyones comfort level with this company? Will they be around for the long haul?

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
I have a Predator and it is very nice. It says it is driven at 2A so those aren't OTF numbers. Plenty bright but it's made for great runtimes with it's stepdown brightness. They've been around for over a year already. They had some QC issues with the complicated Predator, but I wouldn't expect that from a much simpler light like the Viking models. Their CS is top-notch. They are also planning to introduce even more models in the near future, so they look like they'll be around for a long time.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I too, have the Predator. It is an incredibly well made light. Check out the test on uTube.

If the Viking is built anything like it, you'll be impressed. The UI on the Pred is complicated, but if you invest the time to learn it, it becomes second nature.

The 750 lumens is the emitter rating...you can expect your OTF to be about 25% less than that with the smooth reflector.

ie: my 500 lumen Pred has been tested at 370 OTF.

firelord777

Enlightened
I have most of the armyteks, and I love every one of them. Viking X, sure is bright:) I think you'll be happy, but if you're looking for a thower, get the Predator or Viking S.

Cheers

mr.lumen

Enlightened
does the predator have better throw than the viking x or just the s?

I have most of the armyteks, and I love every one of them. Viking X, sure is bright:) I think you'll be happy, but if you're looking for a thower, get the Predator or Viking S.

Cheers

firelord777

Enlightened
The predator has only a slightly throwier beam then the S, but the X is much brighter