Easy Stealthlight Improvement

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I hate to call this an actual mod since it was so easy. I took the stock lamp module out of my Pelican Stealthlight and replaced it with the SuperSabreLite/M8 lamp module and ran it off of 4 NiMH's. I had to slightly bend the metal contact in the switch assembly out towards the housing in order to make a reliable contact since the lamp assemblies are not quite the same shape. But after I did that small adjustment it has worked great!

The beam is much brighter and whiter than the beam from the stock assembly, since I am overdriving the 3 cell lamp. It's even brighter than when I ran the stock off of lithium AAs. The beam is still narrow and a little ringy, but Writeright on the lens makes a big difference. Now I a have a smooth white spot with really far throw, just slightly less than my Pelican M6. Another plus is that it is pretty easy to find a SuperSabreLite lamp (I got mine at Fry's) whereas I would have to order a rechargable Stealthlight lamp over the internet if I wanted one.

So if anyone needs a waterproof light with long throw and runs off of rechargables, I think this is easy and relatively inexpensive option.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was just playing with my Stealthlight last night... I hardly ever pick it up, as the beam SUCKS! and I don't figure it to be bright enough for Writeright.

I reckon maybe I'll try this trick as soon as I get a new module.

Even so, I do NOT really like the switch on that light.