Tax time is here..which LED lights

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Some of us might get a refund and some of us might pay uncle sam...which light are
PHP:
you thinking of getting when you get the cheese from uncle sam?....do you tell the boss(wife)?...
I have my eye on M6LT or TK70......leaning towards surefire...
What do u guys think?...i know they are 2 different lights i like M6LT because its surefire but i also like TK70 because of lumens. I dont really have a use for it i just want to have one of them not both. Pls help with decision..

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had to pick one, I'd pick the one that fits the void in my collection.
For me that's the Fenix TK70. I don't have a Triple XML light :D

Hope that helps some, I like Surefire's but I buy them second hand usually because of the hefty sticker price nowadays

380long

Newly Enlightened
I have the TK70 and love it...use it for walking the dog. I know it's a little overkill but hey I have a flashlight addiction. The first step to the cure is to admit you have a problem or at least that's what I was told!

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
I can see me convincing myself I needed an M6...what the heck, I already spent that much on a U2, and that's only a fraction of the output. The tk70 has monster output though and is big enough to be a weapon by itself. They're not that far apart on price given the sale price for the M6 on a popular website. It's a tough call...I would probably go with the M6 just for the smaller size and no need for a 2200L light.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
dangggg..i knew this is gonna be a hard choice.
1st, i dont have a 3XML light and a2200lumens light.
2nd, i also dont have an aspheric light.

I like to have the TK70 for bragging rights of brute power. As much as i want to save money by using rechargables, i just dont see using one.

on the other hand, I love surefire products. I have quite a few of them
Eversince before, ive always wanted an M6 back when it was incandescent but i couldnt justify the price. But now they lowered it and its on sale...im really tempted......

I also love the TK70 but theres few issues that kind of steering me away from it like some people receving their light with a name brand batteries and after a full charge, less than 2 mins it steps down...is this issue have been fixed??

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Zebralight SC600w.... it lived up to the hype. On my list to get next is a HDS High CRI and a Zebralight SC80 C or W.

380long

Newly Enlightened
I use the Tenergy 10000mAh batteries in my TK70 and I have had ZERO issues with my light stepping down. Also there are usable low light modes in the TK70 so it's not just a one trick poney.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK70 and bought batteries separately. I do have the step down problem, but I know exactly why (at least i my case): I got LSD 10 000mAh batteries, but the actual output on those is about 7.8 amps while the TK70 eat something like 8.9 amps on turbo... :oops: It worked fine on the first charge, but now I have to get some non-LSD batteries, which can give out much much more amps than needed. Nevertheless, I love my TK70 and the second I can stop by my battery dealer I'll get it proper food for its diet.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I have a TK70 and bought batteries separately. I do have the step down problem, but I know exactly why (at least i my case): I got LSD 10 000mAh batteries, but the actual output on those is about 7.8 amps while the TK70 eat something like 8.9 amps on turbo... :oops: It worked fine on the first charge, but now I have to get some non-LSD batteries, which can give out much much more amps than needed. Nevertheless, I love my TK70 and the second I can stop by my battery dealer I'll get it proper food for its diet.

Pardon my ignorance, whats LSD? Also, what brand r u getting and how many mah? Thanks

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pardon my ignorance, whats LSD? Also, what brand r u getting and how many mah? Thanks

LSD stands for low self-discharge... LSD batteries keep their charge much longer but with a lowered max AMP output, which is usually not a problem, except in the case of the TK70. I'm looking into getting some Tenergy 10 000 mAh, which has been reported to give good results.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
The Olight SR-51 has been high up on my list for awhile now. Sunwayman has the M11R coming out one of these day's so that's high on my list too. I'd like to get the TM-11 but it's still got some problems so I'll pass on that once again.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'll owe taxes this year, so, I'll just keep the lights I have, and there will be a bright glow coming from inside the refrigerator box I'll be moving into....

:broke:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest the Surefire Invictus. It is easily controlled from low to *WOW* and it will run nicely off 2 AW 17500 batteries. The TK 70 is nice too. It also is easy to control and has a nice low and a *WOW!* when used with good batteries. It's a lot cheaper too.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
No lights for me from the "uncle sam" fund, I'm paying my car off a year early with it. :naughty:

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
The weathly are Targeted to pay more taxes and They are Pissed.
Why should they have to pay 70% of their income when some fat blank lazy people get to stay home drink beer and wine. Watch oopera on TV and make babies so when the babies get to age 12 can make more babies to go on welfare collect money and never go to work?

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why should they have to pay 70% of their income when some fat blank lazy people get to stay home drink beer and wine. Watch oopera on TV and make babies so when the babies get to age 12 can make more babies to go on welfare collect money and never go to work?

Aaaaand this has what exactly to do with the question, :wtf:?

TEEJ

Flashaholic

And what IS a "Blank Lazy Person"?

And who pays 70% in taxes?

And if someone DID have to pay 70% in taxes, what would it have to do with said blank people and their choice of beverages?

It sounds like you might be the one with the beverages.

:D

shane45_1911

Enlightened

WTF?

burntoshine

Enlightened

i've never seen a post this ridiculous on cpf before. congratulations!

some of my tax money went to a custom high cri rotary HDS; waiting for it to ship.