Jtice Review - 4Sevens Preon P0-SS

jtice

Flashaholic
Here is my review of the Preon P0-SS
http://jtice.com/review/lights/4sevens_preon_p0/
IMG0333-XL.jpg

mrlysle

Enlightened
Jtice. Another good old West Virginia boy! And when I went to your bio page, my jaw dropped. I'm from Fairmont too! Nice review! Maybe we'll meet up some day. I like my PO, it's around my neck as I type. Swapped it with my SS LD01, which went to the keychain. Yea, I like the PO. I was worried about problems with the driver board, which I'm sure you've been following in another thread, but I've only had one instance of a little flickering when changing modes. Maybe it was the Deoxit. :shrug:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice photos.
other than that, no comment :)

jtice

Flashaholic
I have not followed it really close, but yea I have heard of quite a few issues. So far I can only speak for the one I am testing, and it has been fine.
It flickered once, but that was due to be not having the head tight. I will report back here if I end up having any issues with it.

Wow what a small world!!! Cant beleave you are also from Fairmont. I'm lucky to see someone else from WV, let alone the same town! Will have to keep in touch :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Great review and pics, John. I enjoyed some other reviews, too, and bookmarked your site.

I'm not from Fairmont, but a few times a year I pass through on the way to Pittsburgh. I always get a chuckle from the name of the "High Life Lounge" off on a side road. Good place? :naughty:

Geoff

Streamer

Enlightened
At this point with the P0, I think that the use of Alkaline or Lithium Primary batteries can prevent many of the problems encountered thus far with NIMH usage (Sanyo Eneloop for one).

It appears that the wider Eneloop anode does not fully contact the pcb's +contact due to contact interference issues with juxtaposed IC's.

This issue is non-existent with alkalines and Energizer Lithium Primary due to their narrower anodes.

Since a review usually does not include performance on all 3 battery types, it would be without a doubt very interesting to see and read about such.

Nice review by the way.

Last edited:

Streamer

Enlightened
I have not followed it really close, but yea I have heard of quite a few issues. So far I can only speak for the one I am testing, and it has been fine.
It flickered once, but that was due to be not having the head tight. I will report back here if I end up having any issues with it.

:)

Why not test it with an Eneloop and report back? We'd all love to hear about it.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah very nice review!

i haven't followed that long, long, long P0 thread personally, but i want to know what the gist of it is