Show me your McGizmo HCRI Mule

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I'm on the waiting list for one of these lights and am craving Pictures and Beamshots, help me get my McGizmo Fix!

persco

Enlightened
Oh, me too. I'm hoping Don can make one for me before I go overseas, or else I'm out of luck for a long time. Pics and beam shots would be great!

JMP

Enlightened
Did you guys search the Mcgizmo forum? Theres many threads showing what you both asked for...

Heres a few low quality shots I have...

92e8bdb9.jpg

f5e6be34.jpg

74e42f5a.jpg

persco

Enlightened
Thanks! And yes, I've been through ALL the threads... lol. I think I'm obsessed. I take possession of my new Sundrop XRU next week when family visit from the US. And I'm hoping I get lucky and Don gets the new 3S drivers in time for me to get a high CRI Mule and a Sapphire before I leave...

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't have any Nichia 119 based Mules, but just to taunt you I do have other Mules. :devil:

There's an XM-L Ti Mule, a neutral tint XP-G EN Mule, and an XP-G Haiku in this picture. I think they look pretty nice.

p1000876y.jpg

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Beautiful lights! Is there any shape to the beam on a mule, or is it totally diffused flood?

nbp

Flashaholic
KarstGhost said:
Beautiful lights! Is there any shape to the beam on a mule, or is it totally diffused flood?

Absolutely perfect, smooth, artifact free flood. No beam profile whatsoever, just beautiful light. :)

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Arrg the wait is killing me, I fear it may be a long one. Thanks for the pics.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dome on the LED looks off-centre, do you know if that's by accident or design? Or am I imagining it?

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it does appear that way, maybe its the angle of the photo or something.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I just had an awful thought, does the HCRI Mule work with RCR123's? (3.7)

Last edited:

persco

Enlightened
I believe all of Don's lights currently will work with rechargeables and primaries.... Pretty sure, anyway... Someone will say different soon, if not.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had an awful thought, does the HCRI Mule work with RCR123's? (3.7)
Works perfectly with RCR. I don't think you would but if you do run it on primary CR123, output changing is a real challenge when the battery is near depletion. It is almost near impossible to switch from max output to any other output until you change out the battery.

persco

Enlightened
Works perfectly with RCR. I don't think you would but if you do run it on primary CR123, output changing is a real challenge when the battery is near depletion. It is almost near impossible to switch from max output to any other output until you change out the battery.

I think this will change with the new drivers.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this will change with the new drivers.
Oh no.. You have to mention it. I deliberately omit this detail because the OP just bought one without the new drivers. Didn't want him to feel the remorse.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
No I'm on the waiting list, Don is waiting for parts so I guess it'll have the new drivers