Zebralight 51w and lithiums

IllinoisBowhunter

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight says the sc51w and h51w can use the lithium's but goinggear states they have worse run time using them...anyone with experience on this?
Also, since I am having a hard time making up my mind it looks like I am going to have to get one Zebralight 51W (not sure on flashlight or headlamp version yet) and a Sunwayman V10A in xml...I am not having much luck finding the Zebralight...anyone know who is currently carrying them or are they all out of stock...is this due to them depleting stock to come out with something new?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can order straight from Zebralight and you'll be in line as new stock is finished.
I ordered one of their lights that way and it was nearly painless.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Are you referring to 1.7v lithium primaries or 3.7v rechargeable li-ions ? I'm confident ZL 51 series lights will be fine with the former, but not much the latter. They are optimised for 1.2v eneloops, so that is what I use.

If you aren't sure whether to get a H51w or SC51w I'd suggest the H51w as it can be used effectively as both a headlamp and a handheld flashlight, while the SC51w isn't so good as a headlamp.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 3.7v 14500's in mine. It won't hurt it. I think it gives better runtime on high, maybe less on the low and med modes.

IllinoisBowhunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks i was talking about primaries but good to know works good with the rechargables.

I am a little disappointed in the clip on the headlamp...anyone come up with a good mod.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a little disappointed in the clip on the headlamp...anyone come up with a good mod.

The clip actually works very well with the headlamp.... you don't want it screwed down like the SC model. Unlike the flashlight version, a 90-degree head changes direction of illumination when you rotate it while it's clipped to something. As far as other mods are concerned, there's this thread: Clicky

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 3.7v 14500's in mine. It won't hurt it. I think it gives better runtime on high, maybe less on the low and med modes.
so if i put in an AW 14500 cell in my SC51 it won't fry it? i thought they weren't supported at that high voltage?

edit: do you have an older version that supported those voltages?

Last edited: