4sevens preon 1

Irishspyder22

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Ti preon 1 and was wondering were these lights rank in the AAA catigory? I will be using it as my EDC light , just something to throw in my pocket to have in a pinch. So is this little light one of the better quality lights or is there others I should take a look at as well? Thanks for any help!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the budget and need? AAA and smaller lights go up past $600 each, covering the range from needle throwers to floody tiny rockets to low-output long run-time beasts.

pinetree89

Enlightened
I ordered a Ti Preon 1 in December and have been fairly pleased with it. The threads were a little rough when I got my copy. I had to take some time to clean them up a bit as there was a bit of debris left over from the machining process. Also a little lube helped smooth things up. Also, I totally lost the LED tint lottery on this one and it appears to be quite green, although I think I can live with it.

I really like the Preon 1, it's an excellent little light. I have an AL version too which I love. Excellent size and form factor and awesome clip. I have a Preon 2 as well, but I really like the size of the Preon 1's.

Harry999

Enlightened
The Preon 1 is a great EDC light. Did you know you can buy the Ti Clicky tailcap that comes with the Preon 2 separately from FourSevens and convert your Preon 1 from a twisty into a clicky light? I have a HCRI Preon 1 Ti with a clicky Ti tailcap attached to my neck wallet with a P7 Suspension clip. It is one of my most used lights because it is always there when I need to have light immediately without fumbling. It is also very convenient for when I want to read something.

You have definitely made a good purchase. Enjoy your Preon 1.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My titanium Preon 1 is one of my most carried lights. It rides in a small elastic sleeve along with a ti Inka pen and an AG Russell titanium 3.0 pen knife. It goes in my pocket as soon as I get up every morning.

Irishspyder22

Newly Enlightened
My budget would be under $100 and I would like to have a few modes that way I can have low lumens with long run time and higher lumens for certain tasks. Thanks for the heads up on the click tail cap for the preon I just placed an order for one and ordered a red preon 1 with a click tailcap too lol . So anymore suggestions for small AAA lights to try I'm taking a break from buying spydercos and am going to get a light collection going?

Harry999

Enlightened
While the Preon 1 is a favourite looking at what you want the Thrunite Ti came straight to mind. 0.4 lumen low for long runtime and or 3 lumen if you choose the non firefly mode one and high second mode of 60 lumen with progressive twist. Built tough as well and only $16 with 5 colours available.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk