Fenix LD22 VS Terralux Lightstart 300

TuckerTerra

Newly Enlightened
Hello yall, newbie here.

I am looking to replace my old mini mag. I am replacing a light that is on my belt daily, and goes everywhere with me. From 0 degree weather to 90 degree weather. With my mini-mag I have had it under water, completely covered in oil and grease, dropped, ect.

Basically, my mini mag has taken a beaten, and is very reliable. But, It is not very bright anymore, and it does use a lot of batterys.

I use it for everything from lighting up a room, to working on equipment, and in the woods where it is a little longer distance.

So I am looking for a new LED light that I can carry on my belt, and is rugged and doesnt break if it gets wet or dropped. I also would like a bright light. I am spending the money, I want something that will be bright.

I dont want to spend much more that 60$.

I would kinda like to have one that takes AA batteries, cause they are readily available.

Sooo..... What do you guys think.

I am going between the Felix LD20, which seems very rugged, comes with a holster, has lifetime warrantee, and just well built. I can get it for around $50

Or, I can get the Terralux Lightstar 300. I would have to buy the holster seperate, for a total of around $40. Of course the light is a lot brighter, and a little cheaper, but I dont know that it is built well. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I dont know that I need the extra bright light, but it is cheaper. But if it is going to break on me much easier than the felix, I might as well spend the extra 10 and get that one.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the oppinions!

regulation

Newly Enlightened
You are getting me confused.
In your title you mentioned LD22, yet in the thread is the LD20.
Actually , LD22 is an upgrade version of the LD20。
Check this out. there are much differences between these two flashlight, and the LD22 costs you $62.95.
The LD20 is a good flashlight, worth your penny. also check this in the Amazon reviews.
The LD22 is not for sale yet, but coming soon.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
[...]
I am going between the Felix LD20, which seems very rugged, comes with a holster, has lifetime warrantee, and just well built. I can get it for around $50

Don't you mean FeNix??

I have an L2D (older version of the LD20) and the Lightstar140 and 220 (if my memory is correct). All solid lights.

They are both excellent flashlights, but the Terralux has less output modes and uses PWM for the lower modes (PWM = Pulse Width Modulation, it's like a
very fast strobe and a lot of people, including myself, get very annoyed by it. I made a thread explaining the subject here)

The LD20 has more output modes, does not use PWM and has very solid regulation - meaning the output stays constant until the battery is too weak to support it and then switches to the next lower mode.

All in all, the LD20 is a much better and very solid light, but the Teralux is even more solid - even excessively solid.