Re-chargable batteries for Princeton Apex Pro

Robert33876

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought an Ultrafire WF138 charger and 2 Cytac 3.0 Volt - 650 mAh RCR123A (16340) batteries to use in my Princeton Apex Pro. After some reseach this seemed a good option but I should be grateful for other people's views. A problem I forsee is that this arrangement will only allow for short run times, especially on full beam. Has anyone had any experience of running an Apex Pro on re-chargables? I would also like to know if it is possible to use the re-chargables until the torch cuts out, or if this is too much discharge? Would it be better to re-charge them before they stop functioning?

Any advice from forum users would be very welcome.

Robert

Robert33876

Newly Enlightened
Sorry this is a duplicate post as I did not think my first posting went through.

Robert

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have the same issue, I just find today using my princeton for a long time with a pair of 3V RCR123

In high just run for maybe 20 min and them reduce the output a lot...

I think was because a bad charged batt, I replace it for a fresh pair with the same result...

I am wondering if we can use a pair of 3,7v instead 3v

SFMI4UT

dragonara

Newly Enlightened
Brigging back an old thread.
I wear a Apex Pro all day at work with Tenergy r123 3.0V 900ma rechargeables and need something better. The run time is too little.
Is there another battery I can use in this light? Can I use the 3.7V high current ones from AW? Any other suggestions?
I love the brightness and the lite weight if only I could stretch the run.
Thanks Danny

rojos

Enlightened
Can I use the 3.7V high current ones from AW?

I think you can, but you probably won't see an increase in runtime. AW RCR123A are rated at 750mah.

You might need to upgrade to a 1x18650 headlamp. The combination of high output, long runtime, and low weight is hard to get otherwise.

Last edited: