• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler - Anodized McGizmo clips

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Hello :wave:

Mods please remove if this is not ok but I thought I would test the water here... People may have seen my Titanium anodizing thread and there are a few anodized clips on show... I am going to buy a batch of clips to anodize and sell here. I didn't want to buy loads and then find out there was no interest so I wanted to ask you first...

I plan to sell clips only - no screws - on the assumption that you already have some.
I was going to offer these as an exchange style anodizing service - that means you send me your clip and I send you an anodized clip - that way you only pay for my work plus shipping and I am able to keep a stock of these turning over. OR would you rather just pay the full whack and buy the anodized clip and keep your original clip too...?

Any interest?
Depending on feedback I plan to be up and running within a month.
Prices are not yet fixed but I imagine on an exchange basis I could do this including registered international shipping and PP fees for $26 (maybe plus or minus a few bucks...)

At this price I won't be doing designs to order - I will have a selection on offer for you to choose from...

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I've got a nice extra clip sitting here, so I'd be in for at least one. My other clips are scratched up. I don't know if that disqualifies them.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt

I would love to buy clips 3 and 4. Happy to send you the 2 clips that are currently on the torches or buy yours outright.

Realise this is a feeler - more than happy to go with the flow.

mohan

theslippyslug

Enlightened
I just thought that buying a clip at $25 plus shipping to me, plus my anodizing, plus shipping out to you would work out too expensive... I can offer both services though :) buying outright would probably double the cost!

Some shallow surface scratches in the bead blast finish of clips returned to me aren't necessarily an issue since some of the anodized clips will be original and some clips will be polished to about 400 grit - I would reserve the right to reject anything bent/deformed or with deep scratches... in order to maintain high standards.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd definitely be in for a clip. Question (and I'm not sure if I should ask here or over in your anodizing thread) but can you anodize in black? If so how close to a matte finish can you get? I was basically looking at buying a McGizmo clip and having it Cerakoted, but if you can offer a service that's close to the end result in 1 hit then I'm all for it. That been said I'm still waiting on my host to get back from the coater to make sure a McGizmo clip will fit.

Any info would be great regardless.

Thanks,

- Matt

exquzmwa

Enlightened
That rainbow one would be awesome. We've talked in pm about that. If you wanna sell I'd be happy to go for it, or if there is a way to make another one I would so be ready to get that. Best wishes...

Curtis

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Clips have been ordered fresh from Don and they're on the way - so I should have some on offer in a week or two :)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is space for me I might be in for one depending on the clip hole spacing on a host I'm getting cerakoted at the moment. I forgot to measure them before it left my hands :-(

Question: Does that price reflect the patterns/colour etc? Or is a flat colour $26, extra for funny patterns etc?

EDIT: Just re-read the first post. I don't actually have one of these clips and therefore do not have the screws. I might be better off purchasing the McGizmo clip myself and then sending it to you I'd assume?

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
How would the anodizing look on the McGizmo clips that have been individually sketched by him on top of the beadblasting?

As in the lights below:-

IMG_2435.jpg

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Only one way to find out for sure!
...but I think the bead blasted sections would have a matt finish and the etched parts would have a shiny finish and appear brighter

Latest posts