Head units that will fit the surefire E1E?

ico

Enlightened
I know all the E-series head fit the E1E body may it be LED or incan type.

Are there other (not surefire) head units that will fit the E1E body?

Tomcat!

Enlightened
The Lumens Factory Modular E Series head will fit and allow you to fit any of their E series LED drop-ins. A great idea to keep your light up to date.

A Valiant Concepts VME head does the same but converts the E series to D26 size so you can use those size drop-ins, giving you a very wide choice, but at the cost of increasing the physical size of the light.

If you have or can get hold of a Nitecore Extreme Infinity torch, the head will fit directly onto the E series and retain its mode functions, although with the number of LED drop-ins available now I don't think it's cost effective unless you can get one for next to nothing.

When I wanted to upgrade my E1e to LED I bought a Veleno drop-in which allowed me to use the existing SF head, but if you don't have the original head or want to balance flexibility and size, the Lumens Factory system might suit you.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready sells an adapter that will allow E1E to fit Z44 (C2, Z2, P) head, which will let you use P60 drop-ins. They are currently out of stock, however.

After that, put a low-voltage drop-in like Malkoff M30/M31 or Dereelight (0.9 or 2.8V to 4.2V) and you will be good to go.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
google search: lumens factory e to c adapter

BIGLOU

Enlightened
ico,
Kumusta ka. Like Tomcat said dont know if you have the whole E1E or just the body but if you have the whole thing and you are just lookng for a little more lumens from the stock 15 lumens the Lumens Factory EO-E1R (90 lumens) is great. It's an Incan and hogs up energy also it must run on an RCR123 (3.6V nominal).

Here is the Nitecore Extreme Infinity head on the E1E Body, with a Z57 rocking an AW RCR123
2012-02-12134645.jpg

2012-02-12134735.jpg

Here is the E1E with a E to C adapter with a Cyros Bezel
DSC03110.jpg

Here is the E1E with a E to C adapter with a KX4 (for photo purpose) but will fit the Z44 perfect too.
100_3521.jpg

This is the Nitecore Extreme Infinity with the E1E head and a custom Ti clip from a knife
DSC03044.jpg

Last edited:

ico

Enlightened
Hello biglou, ok lang naman ako. (pm sent)

I have the whole unit with a lumens factory HO-E1A in it. I guess what I'm looking for is an LED head or tower so that I can have an increase in runtime.

Thanks for the comments. I'll check each of your suggestions

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Not quite. It'll allow you to use the Malkoff D26 size drop-ins on an E series light, but, from what I've seen, most, if not all, non-Malkoff D26 drop-ins won't fit.
Oops, I stand corrected. I don't actually have a VME so I didn't know it was that specific. Good to know.

Hello biglou, ok lang naman ako. (pm sent)

I have the whole unit with a lumens factory HO-E1A in it. I guess what I'm looking for is an LED head or tower so that I can have an increase in runtime.

Thanks for the comments. I'll check each of your suggestions

In that case I'd go for the Veleno tower. It's a straight forward drop-in that will give you loads of extra run time and makes good use of the stock shallow reflector which equals a very wide spill. The deal maker for me was that it goes straight into the original SF head, keeping the original small size and form factor which is rather the point of the E1e. I have three Velenos, a 3 mode in an E1e, a 3 mode in an E2e, and a single mode also in an E2e, and I'm very happy with them all. Mine are the neutral white variety and the colour, while not a direct match for incan, is much more pleasing to my eyes than cool white but that's just my opinion.

Xacto

Enlightened
Since it seems that I slowly start collecting E-Series lights (got my first but surely not my last E1E, think about a E1L, want a third E2DL etc.).
For various reasons those E to C adapters are something I want to add to my collection.

Question is - apart from the form - are there any technical differences between the Overready sold adapters and the ones from Lumens Factory?
Although I could see myself getting both, it is nonetheless of interest for me if there are any differences.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Thorsten

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have another question about this myself.

If I put a multi-speed head on the E series how does the UI change work?
Do I need a different tail switch?

Thanks
Ed

scout24

Flashaholic
Assuming the multi speed electronics are in the head, stock UI is retained. I can run my Milky Creemator head on an E1e body, E2e body, McClicky pack,etc., and the UI remains the same. Tap,tap, tap on the tailswitch to change levels. Same with Haiku or Sundrop head on E2e body with 17670 for increased runtime... Hope this helps.

Edit- If you have a twisty e series tailcap, you can twist on-off-on quickly to switch levels as well. Sorry if I missed that in your question. :eek:

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Oveready "E to C" adapter is a little longer and doesn't automatically make a connection - sometimes you need the brass ring or be sure to thoroughly tighten the connector to the body. That said, the nubs on the adapter make it very easy to take on and off.

The Lumens Factory "E to C" - it's actually made by another company, if I recall correctly. I bought two from them years ago. Anyway, it's shorter so it always makes the connection. The drawback is the smooth outer ring that can make removing it from the flashlight body or bezel a pain.

Xacto

Enlightened
The Oveready "E to C" adapter is a little longer [...]sometimes you need the brass ring . [...]
The Lumens Factory "E to C" - [....]The drawback is the smooth outer ring that can make removing it from the flashlight body or bezel a pain.

Thanks for the info. What kind of brass ring would be necessary with the Oveready version?

Thanks.

Cheers
Thorsten

ico

Enlightened
On the other hand, do you guys also know 2xAA bodies that an E series head will fit on? I only know about 2. One being the 2xAA mclicky by mcgizmo and another one which I have forgotten its name. Any other out there?