Eagletac G25C2 or Klarus XT11

aimxplode

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm debating on my next light, either an Eagletac G25C2 or a Klarus XT11. I plan on using 2x CR123a. They both have around the same output. Anyone with either (or both of these), please chime in!

Also, as much as I want to, buying both is not an option in my situation!:crackup:

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get G25C2 - better throw and great UI. But if you want something floodier than XT11 is for you.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the intended use. The Klarus is a true tactical type of light with a single handed user interface.

I don't own the G25C2 but I do own a T2C02 MKII, and the Klarus interface is much better. I do carry a light all the time but my primary use is on duty so simple interface is a priority.

aimxplode

Enlightened
It depends on the intended use. The Klarus is a true tactical type of light with a single handed user interface.

I don't own the G25C2 but I do own a T2C02 MKII, and the Klarus interface is much better. I do carry a light all the time but my primary use is on duty so simple interface is a priority.

Can you feel a click or detent when you change modes on the Eagletac so you know which mode what mode it will come on from Off?

Streak

Enlightened
I have the XT11.
Like all the Klarus products it is very well made and the separate UI button is very well thought out.
It's puts out a huge amount of light and the XML set deep in the reflector does allow a fair amount of throw.
All in all a very useful EDC light.

rambo180

Enlightened
I too had been wondering about these. Would love to see a back to back comparison.

go to the reviews on goinggear. the ET wins hands down. he compares the two lights in different videos, but he stands at the same spot in each video so you can see which is brighter. the ET is much brighter, slightly less floody (still OK) and MUCH more throw.

spc smith

Enlightened
Ramble180,

The E.T. ? I didnt know there was such a light lol! Do you mean the XT? My phone does the same thing too... Annoying!

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Someone will need to chime in that owns both or you will have mostly biased opinions. I have the XT11 and love it. Great UI, good throw and flood, nice white beam. I can't tell you anything about the G25C2. It seems they both have equal output but the G25C2 has a tighter hotspot for more throw but doesn't do as good a job in flood. It depends what you want the light for. The Zebralight SC600 is another consideration if you want even more flood and less throw.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
I would say that the xml emitter is floodier by nature. My g25c2 throws a wall of light. Excellent flood to throw balance.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have handled both extensively at this point. In fact I just did a write up on the G25C2 on my new face book site. They are both really nice lights but have different interfaces. The G25 is more complex and can be programmed for different uses. The Klarus is a true tactical light best suited to Law Enforcement.

If you drop me a PM I can point you to my write up.
I'm hoping to have a video soon on the programming modes

Last edited:

tja343

Newly Enlightened
I would also like to see a side by side comparison of these two models (runtimes, brightness, beamshots) with graphs and such. As of now leaning towards the G25C2, but I haven't seen any "detailed" reviews, other than the basics on goinggear.

QuailRider

Newly Enlightened
Very happy with my EagleTac G25C2. If you buy the filter set and extension tube package (which you really should), you can switch the beam from a spot to a diffused flood on the fly. Very very handy, and the main reason I went with this light. I have no knowledge of the Klarus.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both lights and as others have said, it really depends on what you are looking for. Overall, I'm happier with the G25C2 because I prefer the UI. Additionally the flip-over filter holder is very nice.

The finish of both lights is great although I might give a very slight edge to the XT11. Both lights are bright but the G25C2 is driven a bit harder so it wins from a pure numbers perspective.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either light. You just need to determine the specific features you need and see which light is the best match.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm a bit of a "thrower" kinda flashaholic, so i'd go for the G25C2. But the XT11 has a great interface and a great utility light. Most LEO's here will agree :)

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
I think the accessories on the G25 tip it in its favour. The options of the flip filter that still allows the holster to be used is awesome! Then you have the 3 and 4 cell extender as well.

LostCove NC

Newly Enlightened
I actually prefer the G25's UI for 'tactical' situations. I like to determine what level the light will turn on in instead of always coming on in high and then having to scroll through several levels. I don't have the Klarus but ET is coming out with some sick hardware lately.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the brightness settings on the Eagletac better. The low setting on the Klarus is 10Lu, then you have to go all the way up to 150lu to med. I'd want something around 30-50lu in between.