i need a holster....for Quark 123² Turbo "X"

tick

Newly Enlightened
so i was scouring the web today, looking on and off for the last few weeks. i cant find a holster for my Quark 123² Turbo "X" (http://www.opticsplanet.net/4sevens-quark-1232-turbo-x-flashlight.html). the x is important when searching. the one that came with it is not all that good. the first one ripped apart, this one doesn't want to close all the time. so i went to many sites today, searching and i found absolutely nothing. the idea of coming here was a last ditch effort n hopes that someone may have had the same prob, but resolved it (cheaply). perhaps there's a few websites that i don't know about? i know this isn't exactly the right forum to post such a msg, however, i did not see a place for holsters. so...there it is

ico

Enlightened
Maybe you can give the 4sevens holsters another try.

Or if you want to go custom, search for Thor's custom leather

tick

Newly Enlightened
this is the second holster from 4sevens. the one for this flashlight is not on their site. its cheap in the fact that the velcro doesn't say 'crowed'. the material does not look cheap, doesn't look like it would wear out quick. the last holster was taken off my belt by a door being caught in the wind, the weird thing was it did not take off my cell phone holster that it hit, it took off the flashlight belt loop. i would have never known cept for the thud it made when it hit the door frame :( good site that Thor site is. i might go that direction, a tad costly, but worth it (from the looks of things). the 5g maelstrom holster is nice, a bit bulky, but nice. the one for this light...has much to be desired.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally the supplied holsters with any light are less than ideal for duty use.
I have taken some of my lights to a local police supply store and test fit various holsters. Usually you can find either an actual light holder or a chemical spray holder that will fit. Depending on your duty rig set you can find something that will match your belt and magazine pouch. I am using a biannchi patrol tech chemical holder for a Thrunite Scorpion or a blackhawk nylon gladius holster for my other lights.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogokun makes Thor custom leather holsters, I think he made some for Quark TurboX. There Incredibly sturdy.

The Nite-ize Stretch holster fits the TurboX.

tick

Newly Enlightened
thanks everyone for the replies. i thought, when i was posing it i would be flamed for my bad grammar and posting out of place.

great suggestions. my brother has one of the stretch holders for his light. i wouldn't feel safe with it, the light might fall out. tho he uses one of them led mag lights you get at wally world (nasty harsh looking light). i think i will go with Thor, i figure, i have a light that will last the rest of my life, why not compliment it with a holster that will last the rest of my life.

i did not think of a police store and chemical spray holders. good idea. i don't think there is one in this area tho, but i googled a few.

thanks again :)

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
If you take it in and out of the holster very often a buttin or snap or lock mighyt work better than velcro