Anyone reassemble a Z41?

Tommygun45

Enlightened
So I had my C3 bored and cerakoted. It is my emergency light in my kit. Due to this I wanted it to have the most reliable switch mechanism possible. I have an M61LL in it and its loaded with 2 AW2900s. Anyways, I got the tail back and I had disassembled it when I sent it in. I got it all back together but I was wondering if anyone has actually put one of these back together. I have 2 mcclicky's and they just feel kind of weird to be honest. I like the simplicity of the Z41 and the twist on mechanism for a true SHTF light. Anyways, I was just wondering if I did it right. It works ok, and feels alright, I just have this weird feeling that if I hit it too hard it might fall apart again. Any thoughts?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt you'll have McClicky trouble. I've installed a bunch of McClickies in the Z41. I like them. You could try the *hard press* rubber cap. You could also buy another Z41 in the MarketPlace.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
from what I can understand the aluminum part is more loose than in its original state....

you might hit the pin one more and drive it a bit further...

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always replace the original pin with an appropriately sized philips head screw. Use a screw without a point or file off the point. Take the parts to Ace Hardware to be sue you get the right screw.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is very interesating, you essentailly replicating the first Z41 version.....
But how does the screw fits? Is it jammed or does it thread on the plastic base?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is very interesating, you essentailly replicating the first Z41 version.....
But how does the screw fits? Is it jammed or does it thread on the plastic base?

Just pick out a screw narrow enough that it will be able to cut its own threads in the plastic part where the original pin was. If you can find a self tapping screw of the right size, so much the better. Be sure the screw isn't so long that it protrudes through the other end of the hole.