Vote - What is your favorite form factor --- (Poll as suggested) ---

What is your favorite form factor in a flashlight?

• Total voters

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
...Was only going to say vote for the one that is your overall favorite. One you would carry/use if it could only be one, or one that gets the most use.

I only but general most know types as well, did not want to big of a list!
So left 17670 etc etc out (just as other).

But would be interesting to see see the results, as I know most people on here have collections from the very small to the very large! :thumbsup:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly use 18650 lights in terms of hours per day, but that's because my most used lights are on my bicycle. I have a rotation of Fenix TK21, Fenix TA21, Klarus XT10 and XT20, Thrunite TN11 and Catapult V1 on my handlebars. Normally twin a floody (Klarus) with a throwy (Fenix TK21 a fave).

But my EDC's tend to be CR123A based. Sunwayman VR10 Ti, Eagletac D25C, Firstlight Tomahawk SE etc.

I think just in form factor and power the CR123A (Or RCR123A) just edges out the opposition.

My favourite lights of all are my ARC's.

Stream

Enlightened
Lately I have been partial to lights that take both 2xCR123s and 1x18650. I like having that flexibility, and I prefer them as small as I can get them. Smallest 1x18650 I own is a Trustfire TR-801 at only 114mm (4.4"). The one I use the most is a Fenix PD32.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I'm one of the "Others". The light I use most (albeit for only brief periods at a time) is a Photon Freedom Micro, so 2 x CR2016 is my most often used form factor.

ico

Enlightened
As for pure form factor I like the 1xCR123. It provides the right size for EDC. Not too long nor fat. Can provide more power than AA at almost the same size. But is expensive to maintain so I also prefer AA's if size/weight is not a issue

mbw_151

Enlightened
I use primary Lithiums and some Enloops in all the form factors listed except 2 x AAA. I also use 3 x 123. My favorite is single 123, better battery life and performance than AAA or AA and not much bigger. It's also more compact than 2AA, 2 x 123, 3 x 123. My single 123 lights are all multi-level so more cells aren't required to prevent runtime from becoming an issue.

strinq

Enlightened
Purely size and ergonomics wise I love the AA for factor.
I have relatively small hands and they fit me just nice.
Strangely, because of this, I am taking forever to choose a really nice AA light for myself...
So far the best in my hands was the Quark AA Tactical (I love momentary too).