Do Zebra lights Make good weapons Lights

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
Not for my shtf stuff but for my knock arounds?? I hear they can be fragile and was wondering if the could replace my Malkoff on my beater, which weighs a ton or if I'm looking for headaches.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Zebralight makes Amazing lights, but I'm not sure if weapon light is their forte.
The only consistent errors I've had with the UI have been holding down too briefly and getting high instead of low,
...except when I was a little bit stressed, and then I'd click too fast and try to correct, get medium instead of off, high instead of low, H2 instead of low or med, etc. but more importantly you don't get a momentary on....

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
As with any new item attached to a firearm, don't trust it without lots of range time and rough handling before you NEED it to work.

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
As with any new item attached to a firearm, don't trust it without lots of range time and rough handling before you NEED it to work.

As I said its not for my go to gun but for my knock around 410. Its current Malkoff weighs a ton and affects its balance. The Zebra is a third the weight but I dont want it broken down after a few rounds. Anyone have any actual experience mounting them on a firearm?

Thxs Robert

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
I love Zebralights. They make great EDC lights. I personally wouldn't trust one mounted on a firearm for a serious setup, but if it's just for knocks, then yeah it will work. As oths have said, it's just not what it was designed for.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seriously doubt they would hold up. They simply aren't designed for it. Keep using the Malkoff. If weight is a problem, find a VME head and e2e host for it.

I'm a Zebralight Fanboy, but on a weapon? Eh.....No.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't think so.... at a minimum, a weapon light should have springs on both ends of the light to handle recoil.