My next light...Sunwayman T20CS or Fenix TK21 need help!

380long

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a light that has a side switch and I would like a usable low output and have it down to these 2 lights...Sunwayman T20CS or Fenix TK21. Can anyone give me any pros and cons of these 2 lights or maybe someone who owns both could chime in? High output on the Sunwayman is 658 and low is 18 lumens Fenix is 449/4. Thanks for the help!

kicker9898

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking about a T20 myself, I'm interested in hearing any replies.

I've got an Olight M20X I really like, and the side switch is convenient but sometimes hard to find. I'd hate to need to use it under stress....although I'm not sure what situation that would be for boring old me!

380long

Newly Enlightened
I did not know the Olight M20X had a side switch...have to check that light out too.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi 380long.

I have both of these lights. Both lights are good, but if I had to pick one the T20CS wins easily.
Aside from the 658 lumens for 1.1 hours, the T20CS has 476 lumens for 2.5 hours whereas the TK21 has 468 lumens for 1.8 hours.

The T20CS is a little shorter, feels better in the hand, feels really solid, looks great, beam pattern is fantastic, and throws a little better than the TK21.

The switch on the T20CS feels better to me also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
bedazzLED

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine had the TK21 untill I showed him my T20CS. Notice I said, had, he gave it to his kid. He now has the T20CS and is very happy with it. It's a great light and one of my favorites out of all the lights I have. :twothumbs

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a review of the T20CS, check my sig line. I can't compare it to the Fenix though, sorry.

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
To the current owners of T20CS - how noticable to the naked eye is the poor regulation on 18650 on this torch? Seems like the brightness curve dips fairly quickly. :(

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the current owners of T20CS - how noticable to the naked eye is the poor regulation on 18650 on this torch? Seems like the brightness curve dips fairly quickly. :(

For me, it hasn't really been noticeable. Really, it's only turbo mode that isn't regulated, and when it drops down it matches the brightness of high mode anyway. So I usually only use turbo for short bursts, and switch down to high if I'm going to be using the light for a while, to get a few extra minutes of run time. Judging by the name of "turbo" mode, I'm guessing that was how it was meant to be used anyway.

RCLumens

Enlightened
I got the T20CS to replace my Olight M20X (500lm) It definitely throws better and has more of a white tint. I wanted a light that has a side switch for cycling through the modes and a strobe. As for unregulated differences, I think between turbo and high is minimal but noticeable. Nothing huge though and I'd have to agree with Bigmac on his comments and reviews. No major noticable difference in being unregulated. Actually it seems to be better balanced off the 18650. The ONLY think I wish the light had was a clip - that is actually a big deal for me. If anyone has suggestions on where to obtain one or if any of the other light clips would work on the light - that would be great!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my heart on a TK21 U2, then the T20CS came out, it was love at first light! :)

rambo180

Enlightened
I got the T20CS to replace my Olight M20X (500lm) It definitely throws better and has more of a white tint. I wanted a light that has a side switch for cycling through the modes and a strobe. As for unregulated differences, I think between turbo and high is minimal but noticeable. Nothing huge though and I'd have to agree with Bigmac on his comments and reviews. No major noticable difference in being unregulated. Actually it seems to be better balanced off the 18650. The ONLY think I wish the light had was a clip - that is actually a big deal for me. If anyone has suggestions on where to obtain one or if any of the other light clips would work on the light - that would be great!

can someone please quickly tell me how big a hotspot would be for sunwayman t20cs or something like the klarus xt11 at 2m from a wall? is there ANY spillage?

I understand these aren't really made to walk the dog but BASICALLY, i want to know if they would be appropriate for a walking light (if needed) or if they would generate a 10cm hotspot 2m in front of me... rendering them quite useless to see the ground in front.

also, the T20CS is a thrower right? how big is the hotspot from say 2m, can someone measure it? or the klarus or fenix tk21? thankyou. will be very helpful!

cheers

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I'm normally partial to Fenixes, but I keep reading about how nice the build quality is for Sunwayman. I would probably put my money on Sunwayman now that I have so many Fenixes.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I'm not sure how true this is, but right up around 500 lumens, you will need a much higher increase in lumens output to notice a difference in intensity with respect to the eye's perception.

Beyond that, the eyes are much more sensitive to light at the lower levels especially if they have been adjusted to the dark. Hence, the difference between 4 and 18 lumens may be significant.

shahzh

Newly Enlightened
I have both T20CS and XT11. Both are great lights and both are my current favourite. Sometimes hard to decide which one to EDC. Both are compact, T20CS is slightly shorter and slightly bigger reflector then the XT11. T20CS throws further for sure compare to XT11. But XT11 has more spill and the 2 button switch at the tail cap is a charm to work with. If either one you choose, for sure you know you make the right decision :thumbsup:. Although it's tough to decide :devil:

rambo180

Enlightened
I have both T20CS and XT11. Both are great lights and both are my current favourite. Sometimes hard to decide which one to EDC. Both are compact, T20CS is slightly shorter and slightly bigger reflector then the XT11. T20CS throws further for sure compare to XT11. But XT11 has more spill and the 2 button switch at the tail cap is a charm to work with. If either one you choose, for sure you know you make the right decision :thumbsup:. Although it's tough to decide :devil:

hi shahzh, say 2m from a wall, whats the approx hotspot size for the 2 lights? is there any spillage for the SWM? could they be used as a walking light if necessary to see a few metres in front or is the SWM simply not floody at all?

cheers

Latest posts