Bad McClicky's *Problem Fixed*

Glock 22

Enlightened
Recieved some bad McClicky's from different dealers. Lighthound was one place, and Oveready was the other. When clicked on they rattle like crazy. Is anyone else having this same problem? Three out of four had this problem.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I put a McClicky in a C2 and have had no issues. I got it from Lighthound. Plus the McClickies in my McGizmos. I don't see how it would rattle. What hosts are the switches in? Maybe they don't fit as well in certain lights. But if the switch is screwed in the brass ring tightly and the brass ring into the tailcap tightly, there's not much to move around. :shrug:

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Re: Bad McClicky's

It's probably the button directly opposite the spring. When you click it, it is probably this part rattling around.

Glock 22

Enlightened

I have three McClicky's in Surefire Z41 tailcaps and no rattle. It's the on off switch is what's rattling. They done it as soon as I took them out of the pack. Recieved two in the mail from lighthound the other day one rattled the other one did'nt.

Ctechlite

Enlightened

photo1.jpg

That is the part I think is rattling. If it is, try applying a little grease to hole where it moves in and out of and see if it stops.

Glock 22

Enlightened

Yeah that's the part that's rattling, I give it a try. Thanks

Ctechlite

Enlightened

Hope it helps, if not I'm sure Lighthound will replace it. I looked at the three spares I have, two of them have a little bit of grease there, and the third does not. It moves while shaking it but does not rattle, I suspect some grease is inside to keep it from rattling. I have never taken a McClicky apart, but I have taken a Surefire Z57 apart when it started to rattle and found that same equivalent part to be rattling in it.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Been talking to Glock about this for several days now. My first time to hear of problems with a McClicky and Ive been thru a dozen anyway. The clicking/rattling is pretty loud to my ears. Hopefully it will work out. Hate to see quality go south on the McCicky's, these have been a CPF staple for quite a while now.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not sure if it's a user error situation, but my McClicky (which was operating fine for the past couple of days) stopped functioning last night.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have about six McClicky tailcapped lights that I have used quite often for 2-3 years with no problems ever.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with yours. I hope the problems get resolved. :thumbsup:

Glock 22

Enlightened

Done what you said it stopped it from rattling. Oveready e-mailed me back and said he hand tested 50 switches and 100% of them made the rattling sound when clicked on, 0% when clicked off, and he was going to contact Don about this problem, and he was glad I brought this to there attention.
Thanks alot Ctechlite for the help!

That is the part I think is rattling. If it is, try applying a little grease to hole where it moves in and out of and see if it stops.

Ctechlite

Enlightened

It was probably a robot that ran out of grease/lube and the other robot in charge of refilling the first robot was on a coffee break so a batch went out without getting any. :sssh:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've installed a bunch of McClikies and none have given any trouble, none rattle when installed. Both LightHound and Oveready are great dealers and if you have any problems that a little grease (silicone or plastic grease) won't solve they will make it right.

Glock 22

Enlightened

No problem with them just wondering if anybody else had these same issues, I do alot of business with oveready and lighthound, I totally agree there both great dealers and I'm not snobbing neither one of them. Oveready e-mailed me back and said that the later batches have less grease to improve reliability, so that got my question answered. Thanks Dan. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will deal with a little switch noise to have more reliability. Glad there was nothing really wrong with the switches after all.