E1L 30 lumen KX1

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found an E1L at a local shop today for $60. I didn't really look at it closely and it's a single stage 30 lumen model. Anything special about this light?

Viper715

Enlightened
It's older for sure. Not sure what generation. I'm guessing it may have the older TIR with domed lens? or maybe the old NX05 optic? I'd say its worth that at least. Someone wouldn't mind having it for a collection. If not it would make for a good mod host and parts.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes...I have one of those...a little on the big and dim side by today's standards, but serviceable.

It's older for sure. Not sure what generation. I'm guessing it may have the older TIR with domed lens? or maybe the old NX05 optic? I'd say its worth that at least. Someone wouldn't mind having it for a collection. If not it would make for a good mod host and parts.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the 5hr run time was with an rcr. It's supposed to do 10 hrs on a primary. It actually puts out a decent amount of light. I'm just going to keep it in my BOB, unless someone wants to trade my their 3/45 for it.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one also. I have it on a twisty with a Cr123 battery. Not too bright, but small and is a practical output for normal nighttime use, I think. The literature that came with it indicates that the brightness is not more with 6V than 3V, but has the longer run time.
Jerry

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
GET IT!

Runtime in flat regulation is awesome, the 30lm is a undervalued output in this light. I have the KX2 version of it and its 45lm out throw my g2led@80lm and my inova x1@55lm. And i get 9hrs of full power!!

It is a great tool of a light. It is tough, it is simple, it runs cool, it just works. And its a Surefire!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
depending on the model of the head (KL1), it could be special...a certain model of the KL1 can run on one, two, or three cells, meaning it's also compatible for 1 or 2 by RCR123's.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I also found a E1L Outdoorsman 2 mode, 3 lm - 45lm for $96 but I still don't know if this is a good deal or if I should get the latest Zebralight for this price. If only I could find the 2xAA version in E series locally.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on what you're going to do with it. For me, the E1L is an emergency light. It doesn't have all the nice modes and output of the Zebralight, but it's tough as nails. I could throw the Surefire in the back of a pickup truck and 5 years later dig it up out of the dirt and it will most likely fire right up. That's why it's a car light, BOB light, etc.. for me.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe you have the first generation of KX1 head, using a Cree one stage 30 lumens driven at 200mA.