IR Pass Filter glass lens for p60 question

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
My google and search fu are failing me.
Can anyone help steer me to where to buy a NON-slip on IR pass filter for SF 6p/G2 lights. Something like the quality glass lenses sold by flashlightlens.com, but IR filtered. I am wanting to make a dedicated IR light head with an IR led p60 drop in. The ir pass filter lens is to eliminate the faint red glow and to make it easier to identify by sight (black lens).
Thanks in advance,
-Pete

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a reason why you can't use a slip-on? I own the Surefire FM34, which is basically the same as FM33 except 34 has a diffuser filter and 33 has an infrared filter, and it fits quite securely.

And I doubt that you can find a pre-coated IR lens specifically made for flashlights. You can probably make one yourself, however. Solarforce makes a cheap IR filter, the L2-IRF, as well as an even more generic one made by Spiderfire, and the filters' diameter should closely match the glass of your light, so you can disassemle one and glue or tape it behind your flashlight's lens.

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Is there a reason why you can't use a slip-on? I own the Surefire FM34, which is basically the same as FM33 except 34 has a diffuser filter and 33 has an infrared filter, and it fits quite securely.

I have used an FM33 and it does fit quite securely. It is also bulky though. If I am making a dedicated IR head, then I have no need for a slip on filter, nor do I have need of two layers of glass cutting down the total light output. By going to a quality glass IR pass lens, I could get more IR output in the same form factor as a bone stock G2/6P/etc. Just a nicer solution really.