LS-L pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill.H

Enlightened
I can't find this in the FAQ, and haven't seen it discussed.

Why is the LS-L half the price of the LS-H? Are they being phased out or is it just the Luxeon Lottery? The FAQ mentions better color in the HD than the LD. Demand dropped off, maybe?

I've been contemplating getting an LS Second, which could be H or L, but for 15 more, I can get an LS-L first. So if I might end up with an LS-L second, why not spend a few bucks more for the first?
All the beamshots I've seen have me not really caring if it's an L or an H, except I'm worried about color. I'd give up brightness for whiteness.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
Peter is trying to phase out the LD LS's that's why they are selling at such a low price. I had the same dilemma you had when choosing which light to get. I finally decided on the LSL-S just because if I got the same thing as a second I wouldn't get it with the 10 year warranty. If you are really worried about color though I would suggest getting the LS with the high dome. While it doesn't really bother me, my new LSL-S does have the slight green color and blue hotspot that tend to exsist in the LD Luxeons. So I guess it depends on what you want warranty-wise and if you can live with a slightly green/blue LD.

Bill.H

Enlightened
Thanks. I must have missed when Peter said that. Otherwise, that's what I suspected - I was hoping I was wrong; see, I want white and a warranty and the low price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

richpalm

Banned
For those of you that have LSL's, is there any hotspot at all or is it a nice even flood? Thinking about one if I can find one.

Rich

paulr

Flashaholic
LSL is a nice light. Yes there is a hot spot, it's just not as sharp edged as with the LSH.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the LSL does have a blue hotspot and if it is anything like mine it does have a slight, almost not noticeable, green ring around the hotspot, but it still does kill most other lights in brightness, with the exception of those with HD's, but for Arc's price on the LSL's, it's one heck of a deal.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have an LSL with the blue hotspot and sl. green corona. When I put a SureFire F04 Beam Diffuser ($12) on it, I get a flood of white light. The F04 works really well on this light. It's great for reading.

The F04 is made for a 1 inch light, and the Arc LS is a 0.95" light. So a little tape ensures that the fit is tight.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.