Future ARC feature request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorkon

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post here. Let me just begin by saying that this is a great forum and Arc flashlights are the best money can buy.

I walk for fitness and find myself walking in the dark (with reflective clothing - a must) due to these shorter days. I've owned an LSH-P (#1902) for 3 weeks now and it is very close to being a perfect walking light. Lightweight, small, and very bright with good run-time plus moon mode will get me back safe without having to carry spare batteries.

So, for Peter and the other experts on this forum, how difficult would it be to include a strobe feature in a future ARC product (LS-4 for example). This would be very usefull to alert on-coming traffic of your presence before their headlights hit you and should run for many, many hours in a low-power strobe mode.

Now I don't know if this constant on/off will shorten the LED's life, or put strain on the circuitry, so there may be physical reasons why this cannot be done. If it can be done without sacrificing the reliability of the light, then it should increase the marketability of the light. With multiple brightness settings and strobe mode it would be a very functional all-in-one light.

Thanks for the consideration and keep up the great work!

paulr

Flashaholic
I may be mistaken but I think the LS4 thread did mention a strobe feature.

Future Arc light I'd like to see: an anglehead AAA, preferably with a swivel (so you can vary the angle up/down) but a rigid one (like a tiny version of the military angleheads) would be fine. In fact it would be fine to just be tube-shaped like the current AAA, but mount the LED so it's pointing out the side of the bezel instead of out the end. Reason: clip it in your shirt pocket or T-shirt collar so it points forward like a headlamp, but you don't need a headstrap or baseball cap.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I use my LSH-S and other Kroll switched lights as "strobes" by pushing quickly on the tailswitch to make it flash about 2x per second. Push hard enough to make the light fire, but not hard enough to make it click and stay on. Easy and effective until a real strobe comes along. I use the LS for night runs. What a great companion.

mporter

Newly Enlightened
Since we are just wishing.

What about a strobe feature that blinks SOS? If you were injured you could set this mode and send out a continuous distress signal even if you lost consciousness. By spacing out the frequency between the SOS signals to conserve battery, one could continue to send this signal for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.