any other owners of sf e2dl's???

dingo1799

Newly Enlightened
just wondering how many of you other yahoos have these, and if you've changed heads.. would REALLY like to find a stock head if someone has swapped theirs out with a kx2 or whatever else could fit. mine got damaged beyond repair, and im pretty sure surefire will want me to buy a whole new head

Viper715

Enlightened
What type of damage? Surefire is pretty good about replacing damaged parts. I've seen lights that have been ran over get replaced. There are also stories about lights that have been shot, burned and blown up all replace under warranty! Couldn't hurt to call them and ask what try can do.

If your interested in an aftermarket head Kuku427 has a custom order head that fits and you get the features you want.

awenta

Enlightened
What type of damage? Surefire is pretty good about replacing damaged parts. I've seen lights that have been ran over get replaced. There are also stories about lights that have been shot, burned and blown up all replace under warranty! Couldn't hurt to call them and ask what try can do.

If your interested in an aftermarket head Kuku427 has a custom order head that fits and you get the features you want.

+1 Always worth a shot. One of the benefits of the surefire price premium is an excellent warranty.

dingo1799

Newly Enlightened
it got left someplace it shouldnt have and got its poor little head squished. but its just the head, the rest of it is fine, unscrewed right off the body

billyel

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for call SF.

My clip busted off and they had a new one on the way in two minutes. I understand comparatively the clip is practically nothing in cost, but the guy I talked to was very cordial and only needed to know my mailing address. 4 days later there it was.

dingo1799

Newly Enlightened
Perfect opportunity to upgrade the E2DL to a VME head with a Malkoff module.

but, but, but..... i like the cranium cracker bezel.... and, to satisfy the masses, i just got off the phone with sf, by the sounds of it, theyre going to want to charge me since the head is a total loss. on top of it, they dont offer a replacement "strike bezel" head.... just what they show on the website. the one the guy was talkin about sounds like a kx4, but one stage only, no low stage, and no crenellation. i just got a incan 6p earlier today and already have a malkoff on the way for it, 6p is gonna be the mod light, ......how about you sell me the head off your e2dl, and upgrade yours???? :naughty:

kinda dumb that they still make the lights, but dont offer replacement parts???

Last edited: