Just Realized Today is My 5th Anniversary Here on CPF!!!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sure doesn't seem like five years have passed since my first post on CPF, but at the same time, I almost can't remember what it's like to go online without checking in here. A LOT has changed in the flashlight world in that time...LEDs are light years from what they were five years ago (bad pun intended :sssh:), and there are MANY more lights to choose from.

The amount of money I've spent on lights, drop-ins, parts, batteries, chargers, and various other accessories for flashlights during those five years is downright scary and more than a little disturbing when I really think about it. :shakehead I really don't know what the grand total for all of the lumen madness adds up to, and I'm never going to try to find out (too disturbing), but I can say that I have more $100+ lights than I dare count. I have brands ranging from around fifteen Surefires, a pile of Malkoff creations, 4-Sevens, Fenix and Mag lights (nearly all modified), a few Nitecores, Peaks, Solarforces, Eagletacs, Icons, ROVs, Streamlights, Wolfeyes, ITPs, Maratacs, Novatac, DX/KD cheapies of many generic brands...hell, I even have a "Uranisfire" single CR123 light! :grin2:

I'm reaching a point where I really need to slow down spending-wise on lights, and just enjoy the ones I have, and enjoy the company of the other odd, borderline psychotic, but friendly Flashoholics (and you know who you are ;)) that frequent these hallowed halls. :)

Anyway, it's been a hell of ride, and I hope it continues for many more years! lovecpf

Thanks to all of you on CPF/CPFMP for a great five years!!! :buddies::party::kiss::rock::drunk::grouphug:

:thanks:

Last edited:

budynabuick

Enlightened
It sure doesn't seem like five years have passed since my first post on CPF, but at the same time, I almost can't remember what it's like to go online without checking in here. :)

Anyway, it's been a hell of ride, and I hope it continues for many more years! lovecpf

Thanks to all of you on CPF/CPFMP for a great five years!!! :buddies::party::kiss::rock::drunk::grouphug:

Time sure does fly,,,don"t it? Happy anniversary:thumbsup:. Hope you have many more years of fun here.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
41cytosmfzlsl500aa300.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've been on here as long as I've been married!

Here's to many more for both of us!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

TooHotRuk ...... glad to see you sticking around here with us .

Your inputs are always appreciated .

BTW ; .. Have you ever explained to us the meaning behind .. *Toohotruk* .. ?

Does anyone ever call you THR ... kinda like my .. TMG

~

budynabuick

Enlightened
~

TooHotRuk ...... glad to see you sticking around here with us .

Your inputs are always appreciated .

BTW ; .. Have you ever explained to us the meaning behind .. *Toohotruk* .. ?

Does anyone ever call you THR ... kinda like my .. TMG

~

I"ll take a stab......... He has an hot truck

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

That's what I initially thought too .... at first glance, my mind perceived it that way .

But it ends with *ruk* .. not .. *truck*

Maybe he has a Hot ..... ruk sack ?

~

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! :crackup:

Actually, budynabuick is pretty close...about ten years ago, I decided I needed a new email address, but I couldn't really think of a good one. At the time, the AC compressor in my pickup had seized up, and it was about 100º F in the shade and my truck was a dark charcoal gray with a dark gray interior, so it was WAY hot inside to say the least! So "TooHotTruck" popped into my mind...turns out somebody else was already using that for their email address, so after several modifications, it basically evolved to Toohotruk before it became unique enough to use. I started using it for various forums and whatnot, and it basically stuck, so there ya go! ;)

And to answer my old buddy TMG's question about whether anyone calls me THR....nope! If they do shorten it down, they usually call me "Toohot." It's funny though, over the years, several people have asked me if it was a Native American word or something...I kind of like that it makes people wonder. :sssh:

Anyway, I really appreciate all of you that took the time to post in this thread, so a heartfelt thanks to you all! :grouphug:

I do plan to be here for many more years (God willing), even though it will likely kick me in the wallet again at some point...that's the real hazard of spending time on here reading about all these cool lights. :broke:

Last edited:

87james

Newly Enlightened
5 years in marriage, you must have a lot of unforgettable exprience with your family. I'm not married, but I guess life might be quite different before and after marriage. Pass my best wish to your family. Have a good day!

87james

Newly Enlightened
5 years could be quite long time and also quite short time. I'm really happy hearing that you were having quite different kind of experience here. So did I. It's not been long since I came here where there are so many new tech to learn and so many people having same interest. I was attracted at first sight. and I believe I would have more than fun here. Have a good 5-year anniversary day!