Single CR123 Handgun Light/Laser options

steveG

Enlightened
I'm searching for a single cell CR123 light and laser for my new M&P but it seems like all the light/laser combos are 2xCR123 or single CR2 powered. Is there a reason for this? Judging by the output and performance of single cell lights these days, it seems like a single cell light/laser would work well and be very light and compact to boot.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

doctaq

Newly Enlightened
fenix and surefire both have single cr123a powered lights with the picanitinny? mount

HIDblue

Enlightened
Viridian Green X5L Gen 2

Runs off 1xCR123A battery and has a 160 lumen (claimed) light and green laser combo.

steveG

Enlightened
I've got a TLR-3 on my H&K. I like it's small size and price. Streamlight is releasing a TLR-4, which is a TLR-3 with laser runs on a CR2 though................

Not sure if was battery and size you were after but this is a good size option. http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=250

Thanks. The TLR4 looks good (including the price) but it uses a CR2 cell. This would be fine but I want to use the same battery (123a) as i use in everything else.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Why the 1 cell requirement? I have a TLR1-S and it is pretty small. Fits on both my Springfield XD45 and Beretta 9mm without issues. It puts out a solid beam. Pretty close to a Surefire 6PX on high.

steveG

Enlightened
Why the 1 cell requirement? I have a TLR1-S and it is pretty small. Fits on both my Springfield XD45 and Beretta 9mm without issues. It puts out a solid beam. Pretty close to a Surefire 6PX on high.

I know they work great. I just don't see the point. It seems they could be a lot more compact but still plenty powerful with one 123a.

I might end up with a 2 cell but I wanted to see all the options.

viper37

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sig lamp/laser on my 9mm that I use with rubber bullets for training. When clearing compartments and rooms, It has been reported by those on the other end that is disorienting and blinding, and the strobe feature magnifies this effect. It uses a single CR123. The lamp isn't exclusive to Sig handguns, it fits great on my FN as well. Here's a picture for you:

2011-11-25_17-25-52_742.jpg

Ignore the soot on the slide and the lamp, long day of training in below freezing conditions. :)