olight m3x beam problem

dontfearthereaper_20

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my olight m3x and when I shine it at a wall I get a flower pattern around the beam I was just wondering if this is normal or not thanks

Eric

jcalvert

Enlightened
I just recieved my olight m3x and when I shine it at a wall I get a flower pattern around the beam I was just wondering if this is normal or not thanks

Eric

The pattern you're seeing is not normal, or at least shouldn't be normal. My first sample projected the same type of pattern, as well as a pronounced "donut hole". I tried to focus the beam by tightening the reflector, but to no avail. So I sent it back to the dealer and received a new sample that has a solid, intense hotspot with much greater throw.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M3X has a flower pattern, but it does not affect the throw. The hotspot is solid with no donut hole. You may wish to check yours.

dontfearthereaper_20

Newly Enlightened
I just tested it outside and it doesn't affect the throw and and once you get past like 20ft or so the flower pattern is gone. This is a sick light it easily out throws my dereelight xml and my 2d mag with the new xre cree.