V10R T6 - continuously running on max

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Just a simple question. Can the V10R T6 be safely run on max continuously when using AW RCR123A? With the RRT-0 XML you have to ration the max mode usage.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never run mine on max for too long, but it does get very hot, and run time will be greatly diminished.
However it only does 460 lumens versus the RRT-0's 550 lumens, so the V10R T6 is less bright than my friend's RRT-0 XM-L, yet has longer run time as a result.
The V10R T6 gets hot much faster than the RRT-0 XM-L coz the V10R doesn't have much mass.
If you want longer run time on the RRT-0 XM-L, just don't ramp it all the way up to max...

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Ah yes it does get quite hot quickly :( well at least the need to ramp down is a choice of how long I can stand to hold it (or the LED burns up) rather than overdraw batt explosion.

Will have to play more with this light to see if it trumps the RRT-0 XML for my use (err play). Thanks!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anywhere from 10~200 lumens is enough for most tasks. The highest outputs should be used only when absolutely necessary. If you regularly need to use that kind of output, consider getting a bigger light with better heatsinking capability and expanded battery configuration for longer runtimes.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Anywhere from 10~200 lumens is enough for most tasks. The highest outputs should be used only when absolutely necessary. If you regularly need to use that kind of output, consider getting a bigger light with better heatsinking capability and expanded battery configuration for longer runtimes.

Definitely agree as I only have an E15 and LD01 SS as EDC/bag carry. I do have a TK35 for longer runtime on a whim. With the RRT-0 XML it's hard to find the ramped down safe zone. I was hoping with the V10R XML I could be more carefree with max running. I just love the bright wide flood both the V10R and RRT-0 XML variants put out on max. Ah well. Must be a way to have your (small) cake and eat it too...