Preon 1 Titanium

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the availability of the polished Ti version of this light? It looks like it was a limited release, and everyone seems to be out of stock.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC it wsn't as much of a "limited release" thing as it was a running production change. I believe the first titanium Preons were polished, but they later changed to the (current) brushed/satin finish, which is what I have. Unless you find a polished one used or NOS from another vendor, you're probably out of luck,

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
IIRC it wsn't as much of a "limited release" thing as it was a running production change. I believe the first titanium Preons were polished, but they later changed to the (current) brushed/satin finish, which is what I have. Unless you find a polished one used or NOS from another vendor, you're probably out of luck,

I spoke with a vendor and he said the one Ti he had in stock was a matte finish, and on the box it says it's actually an aluminum body with titanium colored finish. He said it was the same model number. I'm confused.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one I purchased recently from 4Sevens.pl is definitely a polished version:

xdidtf.jpg

It appears that they still have some in stock. As to the price please remember that if you live outside Europe the 20% VAT already included in it will not be applied.:)

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
The one I purchased recently from 4Sevens.pl is definitely a polished version:

It appears that they still have some in stock. As to the price please remember that if you live outside Europe the 20% VAT already included in it will not be applied.:)

Thanks for the tip! I got a total charge of $75US which is a bit steep. Maybe I'll just stick with the aluminum version at half the price.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've seen that the polished Titanium scratches (extremely) fast.
i dont understand.
i thought that Titanium is harder than anything else (stainless steel, aluminum).

its ridiculous how fast the 4sevens polished Titanium scratches..

also check out the tint options. the standard preon offering comes with a greenish tint, so dont be disappointed about the tint after having paid that much money for a penlight.

And in case you do not like the tint/price "performance ratio", simply return the Preon for a full refund. You can always do that, so never forget that!!

Last edited:

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
i've seen that the polished Titanium scratches (extremely) fast.
i dont understand.
i thought that Titanium is harder than anything else (stainless steel, aluminum).

its ridiculous how fast the 4sevens polished Titanium scratches..

also check out the tint options. the standard preon offering comes with a greenish tint, so dont be disappointed about the tint after having paid that much money for a penlight.

And in case you do not like the tint/price "performance ratio", simply return the Preon for a full refund. You can always do that, so never forget that!!

Appreciate the feedback. Is the tint issue mostly with the R2 versions, or the Q5 as well? I've read some complaints about both.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatever is being currently sold, believe me :)
you dont have choice anyway and there's still the tint lottery. if someone asserts "i have won the tint lottery hooray!" and i check his/her preon light, then i might still tell him/her "hey you, your tint looks greenish, whats wrong with your eyes wtf".

if you're interested in preon p1, simply choose your preferred dealer, then place the order. if the tint doesnt please you, return the light.
i dont think that Q5 is still available from 4sevensDOTcom site.

also dont forget, the preons suffer from pwm

LOVE THE TINT:

Last edited:

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
whatever is being currently sold, believe me :)
you dont have choice anyway and there's still the tint lottery. if someone asserts "i have won the tint lottery hooray!" and i check his/her preon light, then i might still tell him/her "hey you, your tint looks greenish, whats wrong with your eyes wtf".

You're right, it's actually the R5 that is currently available. So many variables!

Last edited: