Got me a surefire, just sayin' ;)

jamie.91

Enlightened
Finally got myself a surefire, ive been wanting one since 2008 when i joined :eek:

A coupple of days ago i saw a 6P and a Malkoff M60 drop in for sale in the MP ( cheers to YKB btw :wave:)

Today it arrived, and boy do i like it, the threads are amazing but i am glad ive ordered a McClicky switch because the standard momentery one is, dare i say it... a little bit rubbish, i hate the idea that the tailcap is not completley tight, feels loose and not very water tight.

The Malkoff is very good, i feel as if i could kick it around for an hour without any ill effect, and i dont know weather its my eyes but i cant tell weather its any brighter with Rcr123a's. As good as it is i do wish it was a little brighter:naughty:

I also would like a black matal bezel instead of the standard plastic one when i find where to buy one

I've waited so long im actually scared to use it, im not a shelf queen person but i cant bring myself to risk getting it dinged :/

Just thaught i would share seen as im so happy, im also considering getting a Malkoff M60F

and a pic, excuse the solarforce
R0011343a.jpg

Thanks Jamie

shane45_1911

Enlightened
You now have one of the most bomb-proof combinations known to man.

Surefire + Malkoff = :D

(And no, RCRs will not make your light any brighter. Malkoff modules are regulated, meaning constant output until voltage falls below a certain level.)

jamie.91

Enlightened
YAY, and i didnt think i could tell the difference lol, still a LOT easier than buying primaies tho :thumbsup:

Still debating on the M60F

Thanks Jamie

jamie.91

Enlightened
Lighthound and other US sites charge more than the price of a surefire for postage to the uk lol

YBk, your rapidly becoming my hero, will a xeno bezel fit perfectly ?

Thanks Jamie

EDIT, there was 4xXENO RG03 on ebay, so i got a SS black one for 11usd or about £6

Last edited:

ykb

Newly Enlightened
The Xeno bezel ring should fit fine. Its got a 'lip', like: http://www.ohled.com/attach/2011/06/20110614174364.jpg I'm not sure whose picture it is, but thank you :)
I use a Xeno TW02 wrench to assemble / disassemble the Surefire bezel ring. I can't recall if it's a perfect fit, but with some care it'll work fine, ymmv. Xeno W01 should also fit, and there are others too. I've used needle nose pliers in the past until I slipped and scratched the lens.

jamie.91

Enlightened
Thanks again lol, is there not a bezel that is an exact replacement of the plastic one, eg without the lip?

Thanks jamie

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Well, the idea of the "lip" or extended height is to offer more protection for the lens and aluminum bezel. You are not gaining much over the plastic bezel of you get a metal one that is very low-profile.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Jamie...like others have said...you just have to feel the difference...use it for a bit, and you won't go back...and...this won't be your last...

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the SureFire purchase. Bezels of all sorts are available from Oveready. A sturdy bezel increases the strength of the light.