Ttianium Asperic thrower - p60 ez900 - 18350

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my mad quest to have the ultimate pocket thrower I have purchased many asperic lights including the DEFT edc / DEFT edc L/R, DBS V3 asperic , Romisien asperic, Lenslight mini and Data Tri -V -> you get the picture. My favourite is the Tri-V but at over $1500 not always keen to use it as a EDC on a daily basis. I now carry a DEFT edc L/R to do the job and it does it well. I have contemplated shortening the body to run on a 18350 cells but not dared to interere with the light. I dont need ridiculous throw - just enough to create a spot light that is focused and birhgt. The lens light is not enough power - just need a bit more.

I want to make a ultimate compact titanium thrower with an asperic lens coupled with a EZ900 drop in module and Ahorton lens using a 18350 battery to power the P60 / ez900 R2 pill that I have. I have used this p60 drop in module in several pocket throwers that I have constructed using a Soloarforce L2m. I would like to replicate this in Titanium (essentially a Solarforce L2m short titanium).

I have even asked saabluster if he could make me a drop in and finnish a titanium host that I would supply. That would be really nice as I could use his expertise to make it using the XPC module.

Any suggestions? I love titanium and would love to have a EDC that is compact and throw enough of a focused throw that I can use during my night rounds looking at house numbers etc. (I do house calls at night visiting patients).
So in a nutshell.

1. Titanium P60 host similar to Solarforce L2m
2. Body to be short to accomodate a 18350 cells to supply the power required for the pill at 1.9amps
3. Bezel to accept the Ahorton lens approx 28mm.

I am happy to give somebody the project but I think all the custom light builders are too busy at the moment. So it looks like I will have to do the leg work and assemble it myself.

Anybody done this already ? I have searched the forum but could not see something similar.

thanks for your help

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know its not quite what you are after, but I would suggest sending a Surefire 3p to turn it into a short EDC Deft LR. If you do not have a 3p, then you could get a Surefire 6p bezel, Z59 tailcap and 3p body that allows 18350 cell. Then send it to Texas for the upgrade into the mini Surefire 3p EDC LR.

Trust me the XR-E EZ900 doesn't work as well as the XP-C Q4 in this size.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions. I only wanted Titanium due to my fascination with the metal. I realise that even weight wise the Titanium host will be heavier.

One of the options was to get TNC p60 host in 18350 size and send it to Texas for the upgrade.

Looking at cost the Host will be around $400, upgrade $299 plus postage. A lot of cash for a thrower.

I was looking at the thread for the Ti fireworm - 18650 sized p60 host. If I could find a shorter body that would be a cheaper way of doing it.