Is the FENIX LD10 the best single AA flashlight?

luketheduke8

Newly Enlightened
I am really considering buying the LD10 but I want to know if there are any better lights that take SINGLE AA batteries (price is not an issue) :) thanks.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
Well I own one and I don't think it's the best one I own, and I don't own that many single AA lights. Of course what makes a light the best is subjective I guess, but my favorite aa light is the zebralight SC51W. Love the beam, and the UI. Anyway you will probably get a lot of options, but there is mine.

Edit: corrected Flashlight manufactures name

Last edited:

l337m4n

Newly Enlightened
For me i have chosen the Thrunite t10 because of the small size, firefly mode, having memory and the lowest price. But the Xeno e03, Nitecore EZ AA, Zebralight SC51, 4sevens Quark reg or mini aa are all great choices and this list can go on at any price (custom titanium from the MP?). If you do go for the LD10 get the combo pack that comes with the e05 since it is roughly the same price as 1 LD10.

ico

Enlightened
Well I own one and I don't think it's the best one I own, and I don't own that many single AA lights. Of course what makes a light the best is subjective I guess, but my favorite aa light is the sunwayman SC51W. Love the beam, and the UI. Anyway you will probably get a lot of options, but there is mine.

I guess you mean Zebralight

If you want almost the same as the LD10
you can get the Quark AA. both have the same UI. The diameter of the quark's is bigger though. Quality is what I don't know but I think They are about the same.

Other options are
Xeno E03
Zebralight's SC51/H51

or Twisties such as
Thrunite T10
Quark mini AA
Fenix Ld 15

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wondering :thinking: cuz for me the quark AA is considerably smaller than the LD10
(and thus the much better light)

.. can also be run officially with an 14500

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though it's an old one the best single AA light to me is the Proton Pro. Everyone will define "best" differently of course.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
the LD10 is the best in terms of machining and quality control. excellent built quality.

davecroft

Enlightened
When I first came across this forum about a year ago the Fenix LD10 and Nitecore D10 seemed to be almost universally recommended as the best single AA lights.

Then Zebralight seemed to get a lot of support, as did 4Sevens. Times change and there are a lot of good AA lights around now and it is hard to make a choice, each brand has its supporters.

The LD10 is still a good light, but despite having numerous single AA lights in my collection, I've never had the urge to buy one.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big 1xAA fan and like the 4Sevens Quarks and Zebralight 51s for their focus on moonlight and other good low lumen levels.

A single AA is kinda limited on capacity so I like to let my eyes go into night vision mode and use single digit lumen levels most of the time - which I find to be plenty for my purposes. I really love moonlight though... with the ability to run ~300 hours, it's the one mode that I can just run as long as I want without the back of mind constantly calculating how much battery I've used/have left. It's like free illumination for me (not that it costs me anything with Eneloops, except the hassle of carrying spares & going back/forth to the charger).

Ishango

Enlightened
I own a LD10 and several other single AA lights. Next to my SC51w and Quark Mini AA this is indeed one of the best single AA lights I have used and seen. However tastes differ of course, but it is a very good buy in both quality and durability. Mine has a smooth beam and works flawlessly all the time.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
At this point in time my favorite single AA is the Nitecore D11.2. As long as it keeps working right, except for tint, I prefer it over my SC50w+ Zebralight.

Geoff

DM51

Flashaholic
@ luketheduke8: You have been here ~3 weeks, during which time you have made 21 posts and started no fewer than 14 new threads, most of them on repetitive and/or similar topics, and almost all, like this one, placed in the wrong forum.

That is tantamount to spamming the board. Please stop posting new threads, and instead do some reading. All the questions you ask have been answered before in other threads. It is lazy of you not to bother to look for them.

If you fail to comply, corrective action will be taken.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
I guess you mean Zebralight

If you want almost the same as the LD10
you can get the Quark AA. both have the same UI. The diameter of the quark's is bigger though. Quality is what I don't know but I think They are about the same.

Other options are
Xeno E03
Zebralight's SC51/H51

or Twisties such as
Thrunite T10
Quark mini AA
Fenix Ld 15

Duhh will edit

ginaz

Enlightened
still the D11 for me. i'm not a fan of the Fenix level spacing

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
If I was to buy one single AA light right now, it would be the Nitecore D11.2. I like the silent operation and the infinite ramping.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In searching for a 1AA light, I find that the LD10 does not have the outputs I desire. The mid and high modes at 13 and 45 are not what I would like. If those numbers were doubled I would be very interested.
Jerry