I thought I had seen it all but---------

varmint

Enlightened
Early today while checking my cows I went to the road to get the morning paper and came upon a man walking his dog and he had a seemingly very good light all spill it seemed. Now picture this. A section of short dog leash with a 1" piece of nylon barstock about 6" long and another section of leash attached to the other end, (leash-barstock-leash) total about 6' or so. On the barstock he had put a Weaver style rifle scope base on with screws, to that he had attached a weaponlight!, it pointed in the direction the dog went and really did do the job, I looked at the light and it had no name on it but was led and bright, he said a set of batteries last him a week, they were rechargeable RCR123's he said, I gave him the address for this forum. All together it worked pretty good. He also had a Streamlight Strion his belt. He said he had just moved here from Illinois.

Last edited:

Xacto

Enlightened
Great idea - maybe that could help (sure it won't) in countries where weapon lights are forbidden.
I am still contemplating about mounting a picantinny rail on the barrel of our vacuum cleaner and adding one of my lights using scope mounts there.

Cheers
Thorsten

Stream

Enlightened
And to think, he wasn't even a member of this forum! Definitely looks like you found a fellow flashaholic there lol.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ah! A new member indeed. We shall welcome him and help him thin his wallet. :huh:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah! A new member indeed. We shall welcome him and help him thin his wallet. :huh:

CPF includes many benefits, from seeing pretty spots on blank walls, to fewer stubbed toes, to healthier, trimmer wallets!

I would have duct-taped the light on - a picatinny rail is certainly more secure, though.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thorsten,

I use a couple of large rubber bands on the vacuum so I can mount two lights, the rail mount would be super secure but the wife wouldn't approve. The metal bar/ weapon light mount is clever but wouldn't work for me, the dog is either off-lead or at heel when on lead so I just hand hold both lights. Way cool to gain a new member, nice work Varmit.

Darvis

Enlightened
Was the dog wearing night vision and did he have EDC packs strapped to the dog?? :)

Seriously, get that man a forum name quick!

varmint

Enlightened
No night vision !! he did have a collar sewn with thread that did reflect light on it, I asked him about his leash, he said that he had seen it in Illinois and copied it, its a wonder the leash was not illegal there he said!
This is my buglar alarm system here, well part of it!

Lynch,Mica,Franni included
33681_1423376660721_1121868824_31016318_7732749_nTulsa.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited: