rechargeable batteries for surefire?

jlund93

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of buying a Sure Fire E2d defender light<br><br>but the only thing is I don't want to blow through batteries like the government blows through money<br><br>Are there any rechargeable batteries I can buy that will effectively replace Sure Fire 123a batteries with out screwing up the circuit board?<br><br>thanks

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the translation.

I am thinking of buying a Sure Fire E2d defender light but the only thing is I don't want to blow through batteries like the*government*blows*through*money. Are there any*rechargeable batteries I can buy that will effectively replace Sure Fire 123a batteries*with out screwing up the circuit board? thanks

entercpf

Newly Enlightened
Well there you have it. If the government had chosen Fenix and NIMH rechargeables, billions of dollars could have been saved :)

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or for direct replacements you'll need to order 3.2v lifepo4 chemistry ones.

Surefire are actually preparing to release their own brand of RCR123s, using rebranded 'K2 energy' cells.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Problem being the link you sent is for Overreadys boring service. Ive never seen them bore an E2D. Also Ive never seen an E series bored out to 18650. I dont think the walls are thick enough. There is a member on here however who bored a light for me a few months ago, my E2D. It was relatively cheap and can now take 17670s no problem. If you need his name shoot me a PM.

jlund93

Newly Enlightened
Or for direct replacements you'll need to order 3.2v lifepo4 chemistry ones.

Surefire are actually preparing to release their own brand of RCR123s, using rebranded 'K2 energy' cells.

Really? do you know when this is happening?

thank you all for the replies